German Shepherds command attention the minute they walk into a room. And sometimes they leave autographs behind. But compared to other hairy dogs, a German Shepherd’s double coat is easier to maintain. On the surface, the coat is dense and feels a bit like a pixie cut.
But for German Shepherd owners who can dig into the softer undercoat underneath, this breed’s fur feels surprisingly fluffy. Fortunately, with the best brush/groom tool for German Shepherds, grooming for this dog will only require a few quick brushes a handful of days per week.
Once or twice a year, the shedding will be more noticeably larger than an average day though. In this countdown of 15, there are suggestions for the best brush for long haired dogs, a short hair Shepherd and the best deshedding tool for dogs.
(This “Recommended Rake Guide” could also be helpful for first-times.) Meanwhile, while you’re shopping for a German Shepherd brush, don’t forget to check out dog bath products and dog nail clippers too. They all work hand-in-hand to keep your four-legged friend properly groomed.
Best Brushes For German Shepherds
- ★ YOUR PET CARING EXPERT-YLONG DOG BRUSHES not only gently removes loose fur, mats, tangles，and dirt from your pet’s coats. But also massages your pet which enhances blood circulation for healthy living. Works great on many pets like Doberman,German Shepherd,Goldendoodles,Labrador,Himalayan cat ext. with long haired and short haired dogs and cats.
- ★ THE PERFECT GROOMING BRUSHES FOR YOUR PETS WITH A HEALTHY LIVING-2Pcs into a Pack,You will get a slicker brush green and a massage brush pink for dogs and cats in this package.
- ★ EASY TO CLEAN – When you’re done brushing your pet, Simply click the button and the bristles retract back into the brush, Making is SUPER SIMPLE to remove all the hair from the brush, So it’s ready for the next time use.
- ★ GET RID OF MATS WITHOUT HURTING HER - The bristles are FINE bent wires designed to penetrate DEEP into the coat and is really able to groom the undercoat well without scratching your pet's skin!
- ★COMFORTABLE, STRONG, AND DURABLE-The Slicker Brush and massage brush are especially designed with a COMFORT-GRIP and ANTI-SLIP HANDLE, which prevents hand and wrist strain no matter how long you brush your pet !
With 516 needles to be able to get through the bottom and top coats of short- and long-haired dogs, this German Shepherd grooming tool will keep your dog neat and your home (hopefully) free of excessive hair.
- Slicker brush and Massage brush (two pack)
- Protective cover
- Fine bent wire bristles
The tricky part about some grooming tools is they can be a little rough and may result in your dog being aggressive or getting hurt. But with these fine bent wires, this brush removes hair without scratching the dog’s skin. And the massage brush, with its 105 needles, your German Shepherd can enjoy a good rub to increase circulation and keep the coat shiny and soft.
- Non-slip handle
- One-click hair release button
- May need to clean hair from bristles, even with help from the easy release button
This German Shepherd grooming tool is backed by a 100 percent guarantee, whether you want a full refund or replacement.
4 used from $14.22
- Best pet grooming tool! Leave behind the grooming headache, removing up to 95% of dead hair and tangles from your cat and dog easily IN JUST 10 MINUTES! Keep your furniture and floors free of pet hair while SAVING MONEY and TIME on expensive visits to the vet for pet grooming services! Get valuable grooming tips on the ‘Four Dog Care’ FREE E-book!
- A durable shedding tool! This dog and cat comb is MADE TO LAST through long years of effortless pet grooming! With the 100mm STAINLESS STEEL BLADE protected by a cover for your safety and the blade longevity and the STURDY, EASY-GRIP HANDLE, it promise top precision. It is a long-lasting deshedding tool, a MUST-HAVE pet hair remover!
- Healthy, shiny pet coat! Rid your four-legged friend of undercoat and loose hair effortlessly, and keep at bay allergies by frequently brushing them! Have your pet thankful for the professional services of a dog/cat deshedding tool and establish strong bonds between you and your four-legged friend!
- TA Thoughtful gift to all pet owners! Easy to use and causing not a speck of discomfort, this grooming brush will put a wide smile on the face of the lucky pet owner! It will relieve their dog or cat from shedding, trimming pet grooming time to just 10 minutes. Offer it on all occasions to save them time, money and effort and show off your excellent taste!
- 100% Satisfaction: All Pet Neat products are satisfaction for life. Click Add to Cart now!
Recommended for pet groomers, this german shepherd comb removes loose undercoat hair and up to 95 percent of dead hair in less than 10 minutes.
- Detachable head design
- Stainless steel 4-inch de-shedding comb
- Safety cover to protect teeth
If you’re new to dog grooming, the four ebooks about dog care should help along the way. The 100mm stainless steel blade reportedly guarantees precision.
But to keep the blade in tip-top condition, it is highly recommended to use the protective cover after each use of combing German Shepherd dog hair. If you suffer from allergies, this may be just what you need to tolerate (or ideally want) your dog near you.
- Soft, anti-slip handle
- Quick-release button
- Mixed opinions about whether this gets under the dog’s undercoat
- Several users complained that dog hair wasn’t effectively removed
This dog brush comes with a 100 percent lifetime guarantee, with the choice of a refund or replacement.
Furminator Deshedding Tool
- For Large dogs with long hair: designed especially for dogs that weigh more than 50 pounds.
- Removes loose hair: reaches through the topcoat to remove loose undercoat hair without cutting skin or damaging the topcoat (when used as directed).
- FURejector button: just push the button to release hair with ease.
- Ergonomic handle: for comfortable, easy grooming.
- Guaranteed: guaranteed to work or your money back – see product label for details.
If you’re not familiar with or sure of which FURminator is right for you, there are two types for short-haired dogs and two types for long-haired dogs.
- Stainless steel deshedding edge
- Ergonomic handle
- Edge Guard protects teeth when not in use
Designed for dogs that weigh more than 50 pounds, this deshedding tool removes loose undercoat hair without damaging the topcoat or cutting your dog’s skin. It’s a wee bit different than traditional dog brushing or dog combing. Brush your dog first before using this tool to make sure there are no tangles. When you’re done grooming your dog, push the release button to clean it.
- Skin Guard prevents digging into edges
- Curved Edge confirms to dog’s shape and build
- Not recommended for dogs with sensitive skin
- Avoid use for non-shedding dogs
Ask for the warranty agreement before purchasing this deshedding tool. Customer service should be able to clarify this.
- NO SKIN IRRITATION DEMATTING TOOL: Stainless Steel Teeth Blades with Rounded Blade Edges to Prevent Skin Irritation; Pets Actually Enjoy Being Brushed By This Rake
- SUPERIOR ENGINEERING: Beautifully Crafted Shedding Brush with Wooden Handle With A Full Tang Construction;
- SAFE AND EFFECTIVE: Effectively Removes Loose, Shedding Hair Without Pulling the Coat, Especially Thick Undercoats; Helps Work Through Knots as a Great Dematting Tool; Leaving Coat Full and Healthy With the "Show Quality" Look
- EXCELLENT FOR ALL BREEDS: Especially Heavy or Double Coated Dogs, Not to Use on Dogs with Thin Hair
- NO QUESTIONS ASKED REFUND POLICY: You Can Request a Full Refund Anytime and It'll Be Granted. Not Only That, We'll Send You a FREE Replacement If Yours Isn't Working. Our Highest Priority is to Delight You as a Valued Customer!
While some dog grooming tools can be a bit sharp and concerning for your dog, the rounded blade tip on this one makes it more skin friendly than competitors.
- 20 blades
- Especially designed for heavy or double-coated dogs
- Full tang construction
This undercoat rake not only gets rid of dead hair and keeps your dog’s fur neat. It also helps to move the skin’s natural oils to help maintain your dog’s shiny coat. The regular size 12 blade and extra-wide 20 blade are usually sufficient for most dog breeds. Regular size 20 and extra-wide 26 are recommended for soft and/or fine coats, extremely short coats, and long hair.
- Rounded teeth for safety, massaging mechanism
- Biodegradable wooden handle
- Not recommended on dogs with thin hair
- Several large dog owners reported that the product did not remove enough hair
This deshedding tool comes with a hassle-free, money-back guarantee. If your tool does not work as intended, you have the option for a free replacement.
- Dog Brush Hair Brush: Our deshedder is developed by pet grooming experts who specialize in animal care. Our Pet Grooming Brush may reduce young & old dogs & cats from shedding by up to 95%. No need to worry about unsightly hair or fur all over your house, beds or car. Consider the savings you'll make on pet grooming tools and visits with your veterinarian or pet groomer. This dog cat grooming comb is so well-priced you can keep one in the house and car
- 100% Risk Free: We only sell New shedding brushes for dogs and cats - choose from blue, yellow and pink grooming brushes. We offer a no questions asked 60 Day Replacement Tool or Refund if for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase. Our promise to you - It’s as simple as that for our Dog Comb
- High Quality Pet Hair Remover: Made from materials that feature a non-irritation 100mm-4 inch heavy duty replaceable stainless steel pet comb, safe blade cover that protects the blades life span. Durable rubber handle for non-slip grip; strong stem-handle that will not break. It’s a perfect grooming comb for cats and dogs - A versatile stand alone pet tool for grooming. It’s a quick clean way to remove loose dog & cat hair undercoat while gaining shinier top coat brush
- Pet Shedding Brush: Best for de shedding small to big animals. Our product protects your cat and dog from coat irritation. Also, a sure fire way to help prevent damaging the topcoat whilst promoting a soft, smooth, healthier skin & coat for your pet. Suitable for pets with single and double coats; brushing will leave your pet with healthy skin and a shiny coat. Reduce coat issues with regular brushing of your furry companion that will reduce chance of reactions in your home
- Share A Pets Love: Buy a spare one; one for a loved one and one for a friend. Recommended by both Veterinarians and Professional Pet Groomers. Be amazed at the results of our Cat Brush and Dog Brush for All Shapes & Sizes – Small Medium and Large – Cats and Dogs that have short medium and long hair. Use our Pet Brush confidently on all your pets. Trimming in just a 10 minute session. Also available - replacement stainless combs in blue, pink and yellow colors. A perfect cat hair remover
Developed by pet grooming experts, the product is advertised to reduce pet hair shed by up to 95 percent.
- Detachable stainless steel blade
- Quick release button
- Available in blue, hot pink, yellow
This high-quality pet hair remover features a non-irritation 100mm, 4-inch stainless steel comb. Although it’s heavy duty, it can be replaced if need be. It’s ideal to use the blade cover. This is suitable for pets with both single and double coats.
- Rust-resistant blade
- Ergonomic non-slip rubber handle
- Do not use without unraveling large knots or tangles
- Not suitable for face and paws
This deshedding brush has an unconditional lifetime money-back guarantee. If you’re unhappy with the product, you have the option of a refund or replacement. Even if you break it, they’ll refund it. (Keep in mind that the handle has a strong stem, so the likelihood of the handle breaking is slim.)
FURminator Slicker Brush
- Simple, comfortable solution for clean, healthy coats
- Removes surface mats and detangles and smooths fur without pulling
- Brush design reduces pressure on the pet's skin
- Finishes coats, creating a natural shine
- Intended for pets with curly, long, or medium coats
In addition to grooming your dog, this antimicrobial plastic dog brush keeps germs and bacteria to a minimum. If your pet is a mischievous one who is always running in the yard and getting into the bushes, this might be ideal.
- Ergonomic handle
- Protective cover
- Soft, stainless steel bristles
The soft, stainless steel bristles help you groom your pet while avoiding scratching the skin. While some brushes are not ideal for grooming with tangles, this brush will separate and untangle fur to make it smooth and remove surface mats. It is designed for a variety of fur: curly, long or medium. This brush design also reduces pressure on the pet’s skin.
- Antimicrobial plastic
- Flexible head
- Only intended for silky or wire coat types
- Several people reported that the brush handle and one side broke in a matter of months
The warranty agreement is unclear on the site. Ask the seller before purchasing this dog grooming tool.
- THE ORIGINAL SLICKER BRUSH - Trusted by millions of pet owners, loved by millions of dogs and cats! Over 2 million brushes sold, making us the most loved pet brush brand in the country!
- THE PERFECT BRUSH TO GET ALL NASTY MATS OUT OF YOUR PET’S FUR – Hertzko’s Slicker Brush gently removes loose Hair, and eliminates tangles, knots, dander and trapped dirt. Does your pet shed A LOT? This shedding brush works great on dogs and cats of all sizes and types of hair!
- GET RID OF TANGLES WITHOUT HURTING YOUR PET - The bristles are fine bent wires designed to penetrate deep into the coat and are able to groom the undercoat well without scratching your pet's skin! Great brush for dematting shedding dogs and pets with long and short hair! Pets love the way this brush feels, and are excited for each grooming session!
- EASY TO CLEAN – When you’re done brushing your pet, simply click the button and the bristles retract back into the brush, making it super simple to remove all the hair from the brush, so it’s ready for the next time use. This product is strong and durable, allowing you to brush time and time again!
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - Our Slicker Brush is specially designed with a comfort-grip and anti-slip handle, which prevents hand and wrist strain no matter how long you brush and groom your pet! We back our products with a 100% satisfaction guarantee, for both you and your pet!
This german shepherd brush works well for long, medium, short, thick, wiry and/or curly-haired dogs.
- One-click release button
- Ergonomic soft grip handle
- Fine bent wires
Designed to penetrate the deep parts of your dog’s coat, this brush will get rid of dead hair without scratching your dog’s skin. It can also be used to eliminate tangles, knots, trapped dirt and pet dander.
- Thumb rest for better control
- Increases blood circulation while massaging
- One user’s dog’s back ended up scratched; had to wait for scratches to heal to properly brush the dog with an alternate brush
- Not ideal for thin-coated dogs
The seller must be contacted to clarify warranty agreement. Ask before purchasing this dog brush.
FURminator Grooming Rake
2 used from $25.99
- Rotating metal teeth: the rotating metal teeth remove loose hair from undercoat and help prevent tangles and mats in dense fur.
- Best for thick fur: The grooming Rake is best for dogs and cats with thick fur or dense double coats.
- Convenient solution: convenient daily solution to undercoat care.
- Ergonomic handle: The ergonomic nonslip handle gives you maximum control.
- Guaranteed: guaranteed to work on or your money back (See instructions for Details).
In addition to dog grooming tools such as these being essential to keep your dog’s appearance neat, these grooming rakes are great for bonding with your German Shepherd puppy. Check out the Amazon post for an adorable pic of a German Shepherd laying down in front of the brushes. Another user loved it so much she wanted to give it seven out of a maximum of five stars.
- Ergonomic handle
- Removes loose hair from undercoat in dense fur
- Ideal for five to 10-minute sessions
Try the original grooming rake or the updated version to prevent tangles and remove mats in dense fur.
- Rotating metal teeth
- Nonslip handle
- Not ideal for dogs with thin fur or single coats
- A few users reported the handle flying off or pulling further down than normal
The warranty agreement is unclear on the site. Ask the seller before purchasing this dog grooming tool.
- For Clean Home: Keep your dog and home clean by removing excess hair with this dog hair cleaner
- Cut Down on Shedding: Ridged stainless steel blade efficiently sheds even the thickest coats
- Best Usage for Large Surface: This pet hair remover sheds large surface with handles held apart
- Best Usage for Smaller Surfaces: Targets smaller surface areas with handles held together
- Exceptional Quality:This dog shedding brush maintains a healthy, beautiful coat
Universal enough to work with small dogs, this dog shedding blade is still ideal for medium or large dogs.
- Stainless steel
- Coarse and fine edges
This product is helpful at reducing shedding, matting, and tangles while maintaining a natural, healthy luster. Make sure to brush in the direction of the hair growth from head to tail. Only brush against the coat to fluff the hair out.
- Flexible enough to use with the handles separated or together
- Straight option to remove loose hair
- Avoid removing excessive hair in one session
- Several reviewers with large dogs reported their dogs yelping or pulling away in pain
The warranty agreement is unclear on the site. Ask the seller before purchasing this dog grooming tool.
HappyDogz Magic Pro
- Shedding Aid: Is shedding a hairy situation for you? By getting under that undercoat, this pet brush can help reduce shedding and helps promote healthy blood flow. (Plus, your pet will love it!)
- Built to Last: Your furry friend deserves the best, and this dog and cat brush for shedding and grooming is a great way to tell them. This deshedder won't snap on even course, matted hair.
- No-Slip Handle: Don't get knotted down! The non-slip handle on our dog and cat grooming brush moves through long or short haired fur with ease.
- Quick Release: The handle on this cat and dog shedding brush comes with a quick-release button for easy blade removal and cleaning!
- For All Pets: This brush isn't just for our typical pets out there - it's great for any pet with fur! With the stainless steel shedding blades, you can say goodbye to excess fur of all kinds.
This trusted durable deshedding tool does triple duty: lowers the risk of flakiness, dandruff, and pet hair shedding by up to 95 percent.
- High-quality stainless steel
- Suitable for different types of pets (regardless of breed, coat, and/or size)
- Used on tens of thousands of dogs
Recommended by veterinarians, pet groomers, and dog owners, the goal of this easy-to-use brush is to make sure it’s comfortable for various dog breeds and those with sensitive skin. Skip the sharp blades and just brush away.
- Decreases dandruff
- Tested on dogs with sensitive skin
- Several one-star star dog brush reviews reported it breaking after one use
- One-star reviews complained that it didn’t work on larger dogs such as Labs and German Shepherds
This deshedding tool comes with a lifetime manufacturer guarantee. If your product breaks or you’re unsatisfied, the company will provide a refund or replacement.
- [Stainless Steel Angled Wire Pings] - The Self Cleaning Slicker Brush easily grooming the undercoat without scratching your pet's skin.Perfect for both large,medium,or small dogs and cats,from long to short coats with thick,wiry or curly hair. Smartelf dog slicker brush to get all nasty mats out of your pets fur.Removes loose hair,and eliminates tangles,knots and trapped dirt.Your pet will love being brushed!
- [Easy and quick to clean] - When you're done brushing your pet,simply click the button and the bristles retract back into the brush,making it super simple to remove all the hair from the brush,so it's ready for the next time use.
- [Comfortable,Durable & Ergonomic Design] - smartelf slicker dog brush is specially designed with a comfort-grip and anti-slip handle,Comfortable,strong and durable,which prevents hand and wrist strain no matter how long you brush your pet.
- [Self Cleaning Button] - Start using brush with just a press of a button.You can start grooming your dog or cat quickly and will see results within minutes.After you're done,simply press the button and the hair will wipe off instantly.
- [Keeping Your Home Clean up Has Never Been Easier] - Are you tired of all the hair tumble weeds floating around your house? Not only will the slicker self cleaning brush deshed to help control the shedding as your pet walks around but it captures the hair while brushing too.Simply push the button and the bristle retract, making it easy to remove the hair from the brush and keep your home clean while grooming.
It is an absolute pain to clean your dog’s fur off with a dog brush or dog comb only to spend even more time cleaning the actual grooming tool. That’s why the one-click clean button on this ergonomic soft-grip brush comes in handy so often. That is, as long as it actually works and you clean the hair regularly.
- 0.4 inch stainless steel angled wire pings
- High-quality comb needles
- One-click clean button
This self-cleaning dog slicker brush can be used to easily groom your dog’s undercoat without hurting or scratching your German Shepherd’s skin. It can get mats out of long and short coats, along with thick, wiry, or curly-haired dogs. Rid your dog of tangles, knots, and pet debris and dirt with the help of this comfort grip, anti-slip handle.
- No damage to skin
- Useful for small, medium, and large dogs
- Although the instructions say the button to groom does not have to be held down, two users reported having to do so to groom their dogs.
- May be a little long (7 inches) for some users
- 2 in 1 Dematting Rake + Grooming Brush Combo gets rid of knots, mats, and tangles
- Includes: 1x Bristle & Pin Brush, 1x Deshedding & Dematting Pin Brush and 1x Silicone Handle
- Age range description: All Life Stages
- Included components: 1 Pet Fur Hair
If you’re not sure whether you want an undercoat rake or comb, or a pin bristle dog comb, or a de-shedding tool, this toolkit covers all of that at once for medium- and large-haired dogs.
- Eliminates tangles
- Bristle pins help remove tick fleas
- Inner teeth sharp enough to remove dead undercoat
This dog grooming combo toolkit cleans dander and traps dirt that your German Shepherd may have brought into the home with him. Start with the teeth side to get rid of tough mats and tangles. Move on to the larger-tooth side to help thin hair out and dashed. Improve blood circulation and keep your dog’s fur healthy.
- Removes mat from undercoat and breeches
- Rounded outside teeth to be gentle on the skin
- Several reviews reported that the handle broke up in less than a month
- Release clip may be too close to fingers while brushing
This dog grooming tool kit is covered by a one-year, no-questions-asked warranty.
- Easy to Clean Pet Grooming Brush Removes Mats,dander and trapped dirt,Rotatable Slicker Brush-Easy to clean various places Suitable for Long and Short Hair.
- Pet Slicker Brush doing massage for your pet is good for preventing skin disease and increasing blood circulation.and leaves your pets coat soft and shiny.
- Our Pet Brush is Simple design specially designed with a comfort-grip and anti-slip handle, which prevents hand and wrist strain no matter how long you brush your pet!
- Pet Massage Brush massage for your pet is good for preventing skin disease，Massaging particles won't scratch your pet，and increasing blood circulation.
- Glendan Dog Brush Warranty: 90 Days no question ask money back. 365 Days Quality Guarantee and Life time Friendly Customer Service
If your current dog grooming tool makes you feel more like you’re doing bicep and tricep curls, consider a comfort-grip dog brush instead. It prevents the kind of hand and wrist strain that other dog brushes don’t.
- Massage particles
- Available in blue and pink
- Rotatable slicker brush
Easy to clean and successful at removing pet dander and hair matting, massage brushes like this prevent skin disease. This brush is designed to get rid of excess hair and increase blood circulation. This brush is suitable for both long- and short-haired dogs.
- Comfortable grip
- Anti-slip handle
- Avoid too much pressure on the dog’s fur with these metal bristles
- Several plastic covers broke off within a short timeframe
This dog brush comes with a 90-day, money-back warranty. There is also a 365-day quality guarantee and lifetime of customer service.
- SUPERIOR DESHEDDING: Keep your pet happy and your house clean with our tool designed for maximum deshedding and superior comfort!
- HIGHEST QUALITY ENGINEERING: Soft-tipped high-tensile strength pins set into a cushion effortlessly remove dead undercoat, eliminate knots, prevent mats and encourage healthy fur while gently massaging your pet in a way they love!
- FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOUR CHOICE: Our Pet grooming brush is made using environmentally sustainable 100% Natural & Eco-Friendly bamboo Wood.
- HIGHEST VALUE: We bring you the highest quality, most elegant, Eco Friendly Organic Best Pet Brushes -We’re so confident that you and your dog or cat will love this slicker brush that we offer a 100% Money Back Guarantee! Environmentally sustainable pet grooming tools at the best price, period!
If you’re an eco-friendly dog lover, this multi-colored bamboo handle is renewable, durable, and sustainable in its 100 percent eco-friendly bamboo wood. And if you’re a veteran or want to support the troops, the maker of this german shepherd dog brush is a veteran-owned business in the United States.
- Soft padded latex rubber cushion
- Ergonomic handle
- Durable bamboo handle
Suitable for long- and short-haired dogs, these angled pins are engineered to remove dead hair, tangles and mats successfully. Intended for maximum deshedding, the goal is for this brush to keep hair off of your floors and furniture while providing comfort for your dog.
In addition to this dog brush being durable, the natural bamboo wood gives each brush a unique appearance that makes no two brushes look the same.
- Coated soft tip pins to minimize skin irritation
- Comfort grip to control brushing direction
- Denser coats on German Shepherds may become a challenge, but it can still be used as a massage tool
This lightweight, durable german shepherd dog brush comes with a 100 percent, money-back guarantee.
Pet Grooming Gloves
- ✔Premium Quality: Our gloves for pets are upgraded and fashion-forward with an improved 189 Silicone nodules that mimic the touch of your palm/fingers for a soft feel and soothing massage. Perfect for grooming, bathing, shedding and massaging all kinds of pets. Made of breathable materials for quick dry and durability.
- ✔Hair Remover: These pet grooming gloves are cleverly made to practically removes any pets hairs like dogs, cats, horses etc, be it curly, long or short hairs. Economical as you won't have to buy additional gloves because you have more than 1 pet and/or different kinds of pets. It effectively acts as both massager and to collect shedding hairs.
- ✔Bath Brush: The Silicone tips of these pet gloves will double up as a bathing brush for keeping your pets hairs clean easily and thorough even on difficult to clean areas with the 5 fingers and still functional as both grooming and messaging gloves. It can be used dry or wet.
- ✔Eco-friendly materials: Thanks to these eco-friendly soft rubber gloves to give your pets great courtesy, gentle massage and /or grooming causing no irritation, scratches or damage to the skin. It's available in 1pair and aesthetic blue color.
- ✔Adjustable Velcro & Easy to Clean: These one sizes fit all pet gloves shedding features an adjustable Velcro system for easy wear and comfortable fit; tight grip never slip off while grooming. Also, it’s pretty easier to clean by rubbing both gloves together as you do your palms and the furs will quickly form a ball shape and fall off into the trashcan.
Are you getting ready to bathe your German Shepherd? This dog grooming glove may be a great way to groom and bathe at the same time. Skip the slippery dog combs and deshedding tools, and the dog brushes with handles that can be fragile, for this pair of blue gloves that slide right over your hands.
- Five-finger gentle deshedding tool
- Breathable air mesh
- Adjustable velcro strap
If you’re worried that your pet is losing hair from stress, here is an opportunity to show him or her some love and reduce the stress of cleaning random pet hair all over your home. The 189 silicone nodules are engineered to feel like the soft touch of palms and/or fingers to provide a soothing massage.
This dog grooming glove can work well with curly, long and short fur. And when you need to clean it, the breathable material dries quickly. It can do its job as a hair remover, groomer and massager whether it’s dry or wet.
- Skin-friendly silicone tip to eliminate skin irritation, scratches or damage
- Fits any hand size
- As with all One Size Fits All products, the gloves may be looser or tighter depending on the hand using them.
- One reviewer reported that this grooming glove works better on long-haired dogs.
Key tips for using dog brushes on German Shepherds
Before using any dog brush, dog comb, or de-shedding tool above on your German Shepherd, make sure to inspect your pet for hidden sores, bruises or any kind of skin issues.
Considering the amount of hair that can easily block these skin concerns (unless it’s easily visible), it’s important to groom your pet early (puppyhood) and often so you’re used to how your dog’s fur and skin naturally feels. It also makes it easier to spot any concerning behavior or the appearance of your dog.
While ears, rear area of legs and belly are definitely not recommended for deshedding tools due to their sensitivity, most other areas should be OK. Should you see any of concerning conditions before grooming, talk to your veterinarian immediately. Early treatment may help decrease more serious issues, especially infections.
Which is which? Dog brush, dog comb and dog deshedding
The comb and brush are pretty easy to differentiate. But some dog pin brushes may have those bristle wire combs in a circular shape. The latter usually come with plastic tips to catch hair. Bristle brushes are ideal for short-haired dogs and have thicker, coarser bristles in one bunch. Shedding blades, which are horseshoe-shaped, are good for loose fur but are often reportedly a bit rough.
Be careful with this one. FURminator de-shedding tools usually look like combs on the ends of a vacuum unless they’re in the shape of a vacuum. In dog brush reviews, you will often find dog owners comparing just about every grooming tool to a FURminator. That doesn’t mean the FURminator will win in the end. It all comes down to what your dog prefers regardless of how well-known the name is.
Maintenance for dog grooming tools
Always make sure to keep dog combs, dog brushes and deshedding tools are properly emptied, cleaned and covered before and after each use. For deshedding tools, warm water and a mild soap are all you need. Pay close attention to how to clean each brush.
As with your own (human) hair brushes and combs, always make sure to wash these grooming utensils when washing your own dog. Just let the grooming utensils dry before putting on any protective edges to avoid potential mold.
With all 15 of these products above, the key thing to keep in mind is to watch your German Shepherds reaction to each comb, brush or shedding tool. Because their coats tend to be a bit dense and they’re not overly hairy like a Tibetan Terrier or Labrador Retriever, your puppy may be sensitive to certain bristles.
Metal bristles aren’t exactly the most comfortable, but neither are deep tissue massages. Some people love them. Some people cower over in pain.
You might have to test a few to see what your dog’s grooming preferences are. Avoid ignoring your dog’s yelping or pulling away. While it may easily come across as just not being used to the grooming tool, this could also be a sign of legitimate pain.
This is one of many reasons to start grooming when your dog is in the puppy stages so these kinds of grooming tools become the “norm” as opposed to a foreign object on your fingers. And if it’s not something your dog enjoys, it can too easily be misunderstood as a punishment tool.
This can further complicate any kind of dog training you’re trying to do. (If your dog is fond of the grooming tool, it can be used as a “treat” though.) Just as every dog owner didn’t give unanimous five-star ratings on each tool, you may also find that one of your German Shepherds loves the grooming tool while his brother, sister or the next dog hates it. Trial and error is the name of the grooming game.
Best Brushes For German Shepherds
Here are our reviews of the best brushes for German Shepherds on the market today.
- Pet Neat
- Furminator Deshedding Tool
- FURminator Slicker Brush
- FURminator Grooming Rake
- Safari Pet
- HappyDogz Magic Pro
- Friends Forever
- Friends Forever
- AtEase Accents
- Pet Grooming Gloves