Many pet owners have name tags clipped onto their pet’s collars that have key information including the animals name and their owners contact info. These tags are useful if pets were to get out so that they can be reunited faster.
While pet tags are more commonly seen on dogs, cats can also benefit from having a tag on their collar, especially if they are outside cats. The best tags aren’t too big, so they don’t bang against your cat as they move, while also being durable to handle the activity.
You also don’t want a tag too small that the information cannot be read. And, of course, what pet owner doesn’t want unique pet id tags to show off the individuality of their cat? Here are a few cat ID tags to consider that can fit most cat movements.
Top-Rated Cat Tags
If you love cat-themed products, then surely you will need to engrave your cat’s info on the GoTag Personalized ID Tag.
- Permanent engraving
- Sturdy material
- Four lines of text
This ID tag has a cute cat face design on one side and a blank side to write up to four lines of text. The text is permanently engraved with a laser that won’t scratch or rub off, no matter how active your cat is. Sturdy stainless-steel ensures your cat’s information will remain legible, and the polished mirror finish adds a touch of class to your cat’s collar.
- Comes with a split ring attachment
- Is only engravable on one side
Your cat will always have their name and your contact information on them when wearing the GoTag Personalized Stainless-Steel Cat ID Tag.
The Platinum Pets Pawsitively Pet Finder Tag offers a unique way of your cat being reunited with you.
- Easy setup process
- Strong pet finding power
- Durable materials
This ID tag has been coated with a scratch and water-resistant epoxy so it can put up with anything your cat does. Registering the ID tag is easy. All you need to do is create a profile on the Pawsitively Safe site and use the unique code on the back of the ID tag to link your cat.
If your cat gets out, you can generate a lost pet poster shared via social media. If someone finds your cat, they can type in the ID code on the website, and the finder will have your contact info.
- Available in blue and pink
- Is not a GPS
Even if you have an indoor-only cat, it is still beneficial to use the Platinum Pets Pawsitively Pet Finder Tag if your cat were to get out accidentally.
$8.45 in stock
- Our personalized stainless steel Cat tags are incredibly durable and long-lasting.
- The permanent laser engraving is clear to read on an attractive, polished tag. Available in 2 sizes for pets small to large.
- This Mouse shaped cat tag can be custom engraved on one side with up to 4 lines of personalized text, plenty of room for all of your Cat’s important ID.
- When it comes to long-lasting durability our 100% stainless steel cat tags can withstand the most active dog or cat. Split ring included
- Size = Approx. 1 inches x 1 inches.
Have some fun and add some flare to your cat by engraving their name on a PetANTastic Stainless-Steel Cat ID Tag.
- Durable materials
- Perfect size for cats
- Permanent engraving
These fun and shiny ID tags are made of 100% stainless-steel that can withstand active cats and ensure life-long usability. On one side of the ID tag, you get a fun image while the other gives you space to engrave your pet’s name and your contact info. Since the ID tags are laser engraved, the text shouldn’t rub away.
- Available in eight different styles
- Only engravable on one side
A PetANTastic ID Tag makes sure that your cat can be reunited with you via the correct contact info engraved on the back.
- Our SLIDE-ON PET ID TAG Gets All the Details Right Resulting in an Attractive, Durable and Effective Tag that will Protect Your Pet for Years To Come. ***CHOOSE “OPEN ENDS” if your collar has BUCKLES ON BOTH ENDS; Choose “CLOSED ENDS” if your collar has a BUCKLE ON ONE SIDE ONLY***
- NO JANGLE Design Means Quiet For You — SILENT Dog Tag — NO DANGLE Design Means CHEW-PROOF and Not Annoying For Your Pet
- CURVED SHAPE Matches the Shape of Your Pet’s Collar; Looks Much Better Than Flat Tags — EASY TO ATTACH with No Tools — Will Not Fall Off — Made of Rugged, 1/16” thick STAINLESS STEEL, These Tags are Durable
- LASER ENGRAVED for Deep, High Contrast, Long-Lasting, Easy-to-Read Writing — 4 SIZES to fit collars 3/8”, 5/8″, 3/4″ or 1″ wide (no more than 1/8″ thick) — See more size info below.
- LUCKYPET Pet Tags — Making Pets & Pet Owners Happy Since 1988 — High Quality Products That We Stand Behind — Unique Tags Found Nowhere Else!
If you rather not have a dangling ID tag, you can use the LuckyPet Buckle Style Tag instead.
- Slips on collars
- Laser engraved
These buckle style ID tags are a great alternative to hanging ID tags. The curved shapes fit with the shape of your cat’s collar without irritating their neck or potentially getting stuck on something. Lasers are used for engraving the information on the tags. The ID tags are made of sturdy materials that won’t fall off. No tools are needed as you only need to slip on the buckle to your cat’s collar.
- Available in three different sizes
- Sizes seem to run small
The LuckyPet Buckle Style Tag is easy to slip on collars and won’t get stuck due to swinging when your cat moves.
Big Jerk Custom Products Ltd.
- Strong and durable handmade double sided pet ID tags. This product comes with up to 4 lines of personalized text on the back with a max of 20 characters on each line (name and phone number works the best, but we can also accommodate addresses and medical information). Each pet tag also comes with a brushed nickel split ring to attach your tag to your pet’s collar. Please follow the instructions below to place your order
- CLICK CUSTOMIZE NOW to choose the color of your pet tag and font
- Choose Size: Large or Small (small is for small dogs/cats)
- Enter 4 lines of text on the back of the tag
- Need multiple tags? We have 100’s of designs to choose from
Have some fun with your cat’s tag by using Big Jerk Custom Products Ltd.
- Strong materials
- Multiple lines for text
- Comes with a ring
These fun ID tags have a bold statement on one side of the ID tag that can add a smile to anyone. On the other side of the tag, you get four lines to engrave your desired text.
The tags are strong and durable, so you should get a lot of years out of them. Each ID tag comes with a brushed nickel split ring for secure collar attachments.
- Available in four fun designs
- Is not chew resistant
A Big Jerk Custom Products Ltd. Cat-ID Tag can make a stressful situation if your cat gets out a little less stressful and more fun for the finder.
- Stainless steel pet ID tag: Engraved on both front and back – easy to read and see, abrasion-resistant and durable.
- Each ID tag contains 2 free stainless steel split rings for attaching the tag to your pet’s collar.
- Recommended: Small size (1.0 inches) for toy dog breeds and all cats. You can put a lot of information on the front and back of the tag, such as name of pet, name of owner, address, phone numbers and etc.
- SIZE: Small is Approx.1.0 inches | Medium is Approx.1.18 inches | Large is Approx.1.38 inches.
- To complete your purchase:Please Click “CUSTOMIZE NOW”.
Add some extra personalization to your cat’s ID tag with the flexibility of YiXiEr.
- Can add designs
- Durable materials
- Engravable both sides
While most tags only allow you to engrave text, these ID tags give you the flexibility to engrave images on them. They’re also double-sided, so you can engrave an image and your pet’s name on one side, and your contact information on the other side. The engravings are easy to read and abrasion-resistant, and the entire ID tag is made of durable stainless-steel.
- Comes with two stainless-steel split rings
- Can potentially fade after a few weeks of use
You’ll have the ability to add text and images to both sides of the YiXiEr Custom Pet ID Tag thanks to its engraving flexibility.
- TO ORDER: Select a Pattern, click “Customize Now”
- FRONT SIDE: 1 line text, 15 characters
- BACK SIDE: 3 lines text, 15 characters per line
- Tags are laser etched (permanent) and measures 1″ round. Stylish, beautiful, strong and durable. Each tag comes with a stainless steel split ring.
- Engraving by io tags.
The Io Tags Double-Sided ID gives you plenty of space to write your cat’s name and your contact info.
- Engravable both sides
- Permanent etching
While simple, these ID tags get the job done. You have the option to have the ID tags be plain or have a fun graphic on it. One side allows you one line of text while the other allows you to do three lines of text. They are engraved with a laser so that the information does not fall off. Each comes with a stainless-steel split ring for easy attachment.
- Available in ten different styles
- Isn’t heavily scratch resistant
Be sure to take advantage of the space offered by The Io Tags Double-Sided ID for all the information you want to include.
The options we have reviewed are engraved cat tags – this means that the information inscribed isn’t easily scratched off and remains legible. Although they are engraved they are still relatively cheap pet tags, so there should be little to no issue affording the best.
Investing in a cat tag is vital to ensure that your cat will return to you should they ever escape from your home or their carrier. You want to be sure that all the information on the cat tag stays up to date, which may mean having to engrave a new ID tag when needed. Getting new ID tags is worth it to ensure your cat always has a way to be returned to you. Plus, the jingling of the ID tag will let you hear what your cat is up to, and if they sound too active, you can investigate and keep them out of trouble.
Check out the PetStruggles homepage for more detailed reviews!
Choosing the perfect cat ID tag for your feline is easy with our detailed reviews and ratings.
- Platinum Pets
- LuckyPet Slide-On
- Big Jerk Custom Products Ltd.
- YiXiEr Cute
- io Tags