If you own a Beagle, then you know that they are a whir of energy and are quite the little vocal pups. Beagles are hunting dogs, so they are very alert of their surroundings and are quick to let their owners know if they see something to be suspicious about. Your Beagle needs the best dog food for beagles that will provide them the calories they need for an optimal energy source.
When looking for dog food for your Beagles, try to find one that has an animal ingredient as the first ingredient since it will ensure your dog will have a high protein source. With how many dog food options that are available, it can be hard to find the right food for your Beagle’s needs. Do not worry as we are here to help you pick from a smaller list of food that is less overwhelming and sure to give your Beagle all of the calories and nutrients that they need.
Best Dog Food For Beagles
- ORIJEN Puppy dog food delivers a diet rich and varied in fresh, whole animal ingredients from free-run chicken and turkey, wild-caught fish, and cage-free eggs
- With 85% quality animal ingredients, ORIJEN nourishes dogs according to their natural, biological needs
- Using fresh and raw animal ingredients, including meat, organs, cartilage, and bone, ORIJEN is the Biologically Appropriate, grain-free diet that dogs have evolved to eat
- Our Fresh Regional Ingredients are supplied by people we know and trust, and are delivered to our kitchen fresh or raw, in their most natural and nourishing form
- ORIJEN dog food is made in our DogStar Kitchen, in Kentucky. For more information, please contact our Customer Care team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 877.939.0006.
Beagles need a high protein source, but Beagle puppies require even more proteins to keep up with their active bodies, which Orijen Puppy Food strives to offer.
- Contains 85% of animal proteins
- Includes 15% of vegetables
- Biologically appropriate for puppies
Orijen puppy food uses five different animal proteins, which means this diet is 85% protein. Two-thirds of the meat is fresh or flash-frozen raw without ever using preservatives. The remaining one-third of the meat is air dried to trap the highest protein content possible to support your growing Beagle puppy.
To further support your Beagle’s growing body, this best puppy food for Beagles contains organs, cartilage, and bones, which mimics the natural and wholesome diets dogs in the wild will eat. You will be able to recognize every ingredient on the ingredient list of this puppy food, so you know that there are no hidden or harmful ingredients mixed in.
The only additive is Zinc Chelate, which is needed for immune system function, thyroid functions, and helps produce enzymes, proteins, and hormones in dogs.
- Available in 4.5, 13, and 25 pound sized bags
- Contains no grains, tapiocas, or preservatives
- Contains poultry, so not ideal for dogs who have allergies to poultry
Start your Beagle puppy in the right direction to healthy adulthood by feeding them Orijen Puppy Food.
2. Taste of the Wild
Taste of the Wild
- Taste of the Wild High Prairie with ROASTED BISON & VENISON REAL MEAT is #1 ingredient optimal amino acid profile & protein rich for LEAN STRONG MUSCLES
- High protein ingredients with added vitamins & minerals fruits and vegetables as SUPERFOODS for hard-working ANTIOXIDANTS fatty acid blend for SKIN & COAT
- Ingredients from TRUSTED, SUSTAINABLE sources around the world; made without grain, corn, wheat, filler; NO ARTIFICIAL flavors, colors, or preservatives added
- Nutrient rich and HIGHLY DIGESTIBLE with species-specific PROPRIETARY PROBIOTICS that survive and thrive in the GI tract
- MADE in the USA FAMILY OWNED & run food made with the most scientifically advanced food safety protocols We'd appreciate your CALL 800 342 4808
A high protein source is not the only thing a Beagle needs, Taste of the Wild High Prairie Formula gives your Beagle all of the nutritional content that they need.
- Contains 32% of protein
- Contains no grains
- Well-balanced and nutrient-packed
Pasture-raised Bison and Venison are the leading animal proteins in this dry food, which both are highly digestible, contains high protein, and has low fat. This diet does contain other animal proteins, like lamb and chicken, to further add the protein needed to make up 32% of this diet.
You will not find any grains in this diet, so there is little risk of an allergic reaction occurring and low filler ingredients. What makes Taste of the Wild stand out from other high protein dog diets is the Species-Specific Probiotics. These probiotics help your Beagle have a healthy digestive system, immune system, and overall positive body health.
Antioxidants from the added vegetables, legumes, and fruits provide your Beagle with the needed nutrients to support your dog’s overall well-being.
- Available in 5, 14, and 28 pound bags
- Ingredients sourced from trusted sources around the globe
- Made in the USA
- Made only for adult dogs
Taste of the Wild High Prairie Formula is sure to keep your Beagle up and active throughout the day with no extra strain on your part.
3. Solid Gold
- Natural, grain free: holistic, natural, grain free and gluten free wet dog Food Recipe specially crafted for adult dogs
- Low fat, low calorie recipe for weight control: real chicken provides a lean source of protein that is nutrient-dense and keeps calories and fat lower to support a healthy weight
- High fiber to aid digestion: fiber-rich Green Beans and sweet potatoes support healthy digestion and help your dog feel full and satisfied
- Nutrition for lifelong health & longevity: balanced omega fatty acids for a soft & shiny coat. Superfoods provide natural vitamins, minerals & Antioxidants for immune health.
- Free from fillers: contains no corn, wheat or soy. No artificial colorings or preservatives. Carrageenan and BPA free. Made in the USA. 100% satisfaction !
Beagles are highly active dogs, but that does not make them immune to gaining a few extra pounds. To help your Beagle from getting on the chubby side, feed them Solid Gold Fit & Fabulous Wet Food.
- Contains 7.5% protein
- Low fat and low calorie
- Grain and Gluten free
Sometimes, Beagles have more energy than their owners can keep up with, and if their owners cannot take them out as much as they need Beagles can risk obesity. If you are unable to provide your Beagle with the energy outlet they need do not worry, make some changes to your diet.
The Solid Gold Fit & Fabulous wet food contains chicken and ocean whitefish, which are both rich in protein but low in fat. This low fat and low-calorie recipe keeps unhealthy fat away from your Beagle and provides healthy fat for them to have reliable and lean muscles.
Solid Gold also adds hearty fruits and vegetables to provide your dog with the essential nutrients that their growing bodies need that will further keep the pounds off them.
- Available in 13.2 OZ cans
- Ideal for all breeds, sizes, and ages
- Produced in USA Facilities
- Contains high amounts of peas, which is not biologically appropriate for dogs
The Solid Gold Fit & Fabulous Wet Food entices your Beagle to eat their dry food while also providing them an extra, and healthy, protein boost to their diet.
4. Blue Buffalo Wilderness
Blue Buffalo Wilderness
- PACKED WITH REAL CHICKEN: A recipe made to satisfy your dog’s natural love for meat, this high protein dog food features real chicken to help build and maintain lean muscle mass
- HEALTHY INGREDIENTS: BLUE Wilderness grain free dog food, made with healthy carbohydrates including sweet potatoes and peas, helps fuel your adult dog’s active lifestyle. It also contains omega 3 & 6 fatty acids to support skin and coat health
- WITH LIFESOURCE BITS: This formula contains BLUE’s exclusive LifeSource Bits – a precise blend of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals to support immune system health, life stage requirements, and a healthy oxidative balance
- NATURAL DOG FOOD: BLUE dry dog food features the finest natural ingredients enhanced with vitamins and minerals. It never contains chicken (or poultry) by-product meals, corn, wheat, soy, artificial flavors or preservatives
- Contains one (1) 22-lb bag of BLUE Wilderness Rocky Mountain Recipe High Protein, Natural Adult Dry Dog Food, Red Meat
Your Beagle was born to be a hunter, so they especially will benefit from tapping into their wild side when you feed them Blue Buffalo Wilderness Rocky Mountain Recipe.
- A deboned animal protein is the first ingredient used
- Contains no by-product meals
- Contains at least 30% of protein
Blue Wilderness taps into your dog’s inner wolf, but the Rocky Mountain recipe goes further by providing a higher protein content that will benefit highly active dogs, like Beagles. A deboned animal protein is the first ingredient used across the different flavors, which is sure to keep your Beagle’s energy up throughout any activity.
Grains are used in this formula, but they are highly beneficial ones that provide carbohydrates, to deliver energy for an active lifestyle, and dietary fibers, to help your dog absorb nutrients better and have better bowel movements.
Naturally raised fruits and vegetables provide a high antioxidant source that helps build a strong immune system. As well, there is a hearty supply of Omega Fatty Acids to keep your Beagle’s coat shiny and their skin smooth.
- Available in 4, 10, and 22 pound bags
- Comes in Bison, Rabbit, and Red Meat formulas
- Contains Pea Protein and Tomato Pomace, which are both controversial dog food ingredients
The Blue Buffalo Wilderness Rocky Mountain Recipe gives your Beagle the high protein content that they need to keep them on the go when training their hunting skills.
5. VICTOR Classic
$49.99 in stock
- Nutrient-dense recipe made with premium-quality beef, chicken, pork and fish meals
- Excellent for dogs that need high levels of quality protein, like growing puppies and pregnant or nursing females
- Fortified with vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids, protein and amino acids
- Formulated with our scientifically advanced, proven VICTOR Core ingredients to promote healthy immune and digestive systems.
- Superior digestibility aids in less food intake for a better pound-for-pound value. Made from gluten free grains.
Beagles are constantly on the go, so they need a diet that supplies all of the energy that they need, like the Victor Classic Hi-Pro Plus.
- Contains 30% of protein
- 80% of the protein comes from meat sources
- Nutrient-dense recipe
- Contains gluten-free grains
This diet offered by Victor contains one of the highest protein content amongst all of their formulas. 88% of the protein comes from multiple meat sources, like beef, poultry, pork, and fish. Do not be turned away by Victor using animal meal products as they contain high levels of protein that will sustain the physical demands of high-performing dogs.
10% of the protein comes from grain sources that contain no gluten and also provide essential carbohydrates and easy to digest fiber for happier tummies. The remaining 2% of the protein comes from plants and vegetables, which is not all bad. The plants and vegetables are, instead, used to supply vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids, and amino acids that will help your Beagle stay strong and healthy from the inside.
Victor makes sure that all of the ingredients that they use are complete and formulated for a well-balanced diet that offers balanced body support.
- Available in 5, 15, 40, and 50 pound bags
- Good for all life stages
- Should only be fed to highly active dogs or you risk your dog becoming obese due to the high protein content
The Victor Classic High-Pro Plus is sure to keep up with your Beagle no matter how active they are throughout their lifestyle.
6. Dave’S Premium
- Think Atkins! Dog With Diabetes? Since There Are Virtually No Carbs, Blood Sugar Levels Shouldn&Rsquo;T Spike! A Great Inexpensive Alternative To A Raw Diet
- Ingredients: Beef, Chicken, Beef Broth, Beef Liver, Flaxseed, Agar-Agar, Calcium Carbonate, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Tricalcium Phosphate, Choline Chloride, Iron Proteinate,
- Zinc Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Magnesium Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate, Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Niacin Supplement,
- Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Vitamin A Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid
To make sure that your Beagle is getting all of the protein-energy that they need to add some Dave’s Premium Beef & Chicken 95% Meat for Dogs to their diet.
- Contains 9.5% of protein
- Has virtually no carbs
- Made with high-quality ingredients
The first ingredients in this diet are beef and chicken to provide your Beagle with a high yet lean protein source. Dave’s may not add fresh fruits and vegetables to the wet food, but they do add essential vitamins and minerals in controlled quantities so that your dog is not overwhelmed or underwhelmed with nutrients.
No diet can be carb free, but Dave’s does try to add as few carbohydrates as possible to their wet foods to prevent your dog from getting overweight. With no grains, cereals, starches, or rice is used, your dog should have a less likely chance of having a blood sugar high spike, which can be deadly in dogs.
Since this wet food diet has such a high protein source, you can consider it an inexpensive alternative to a raw food diet that may provide essentially the same amount of protein. Dogs of all sizes will love the fresh taste offered by Dave’s wet food formula.
- Available in 13 OZ cans
- Can be used to help overweight dogs lose weight
- Inexpensive alternative to raw diets
- Only meant for adult dogs
With fewer calories and fewer carbohydrates, your Beagle will have all of the energy that they need and the nutrient content they deserve.
7. Purina Pro Plan
Purina Pro Plan
- One (1) 37.5 pound Bag Purina Pro Plan High Protein Dry Dog Food; SPORT Performance 30/20 Formula
- Features real chicken as the Number 1 ingredient
- Contains 30 percent protein and 20 percent fat to help fuel metabolic needs and maintain lean muscle; Calorie Content: 1928 kcal/pounds
- Amino acids help nourish muscles, including during the crucial time immediately following exercise
- EPA and glucosamine help support joint health and mobility
Promote your Beagle’s active lifestyle by feeding them Purina Pro Plan SPORT Formula.
- Contains 30% of protein
- Fine-tuned for active and sporting dogs
- Packed with essential nutrients
Beagles are highly active pups that have bodies that need a high protein source for proper maintenance. The first ingredient in this line of Purina Pro Plans uses high quality and lean animal protein as the first ingredient to support lean muscle growth.
This formula only has 20% fat, which will prevent them from gaining excess weight when on the go. Amino Acids, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants are added as the food is cooked to help provide a balanced diet to your Beagle. Glucosamine is also added to maintain joint health and to increase mobility. Omega Fatty Acids come together to ensure that your Beagle has both smooth skin and a shiny coat.
No wheat, soy, added colors, artificial flavors, or preservatives are ever used, only high-quality ingredients that will always benefit your Beagle’s overall health. So long as your Beagle has a high activity level, they will absorb all of the beneficial qualities of this diet.
- Available in five different flavors
- Available in 6, 18, 37.5, and 50 pound bag options
- Contains meal products and grains
The Purina Pro Plan SPORT Formula has a 30-20 protein to fat ratio, which gives your Beagle the energy they need without the excess weight they don’t need.
- GRAIN FREE DOG FOOD OR TOPPER WITH USA RAISED BEEF: Instinct Grain Free Stew wet dog food is made with responsibly sourced USA raised beef as the #1 ingredient - the perfect natural dog food or dry dog food topper for picky dogs and puppies.
- GRAIN FREE DOG FOOD: Made from real meat and whole food ingredients, our wet dog food is packed with animal protein for strong, lean muscles. Served as a meal or topper, these delicious cuts in gravy are a taste that small dogs to large dogs crave.
- RAW INSPIRED WET DOG FOOD: Our canned dog food offers complete & balanced nutrition from real ingredients, including natural Omegas, to support your dog's health from puppy to senior. Made in the USA with the finest ingredients from around the world.
- NATURAL WET DOG FOOD IN SAVORY GRAVY: Grain free cuts of beef in savory gravy with whole food ingredients. Made without grain, potato, corn, wheat, soy, carrageenan, artificial colors or preservatives - ingredients known to trigger food sensitivities
- OUR BEST DOG STEW: We craft wet & dry dog food from real ingredients. Compare Instinct to Blue Buffalo, Rachel Ray, Hills Science Diet, Purina One, Taste of the Wild, Merrick, Natural Balance, Wellness, Orijen, Royal Canin, Fromm, Acana & Nutro.
Raw diets offer dogs one of the purest forms of animal protein that they can eat, and the Instinct Grain-Free Stews Recipe gives your Beagle that highly sought out for raw wet food diet.
- Offers at least 9% of protein depending on the flavor
- Animal protein is the first ingredient used
- Grain-free recipe
- Has whole-food ingredients you can see
In whatever flavor you decide to feed your Beagle, an animal protein is always going to be the first ingredient used. By having an animal protein be the first ingredient, it will provide your Beagle with a high protein source that their always active bodies need.
All of the ingredients are sourced in the USA, and they are prepared and cooked in such a way that you will see the ingredients in the wet food when you open the can. By being able to see the ingredients you will know what your Beagle will be eating. Instinct is known for raw diets, and this wet food is no different, especially since all the ingredients are raised humanely and naturally.
No grains, potatoes, corn, wheat, soy, carrageenan, artificial colors, or preservatives are used since they could potentially trigger an allergic reaction in your dog.
- Available in 12.7 OZ cans
- Comes in Beef, Chicken, Lamb, Turkey and Cod, and Turkey and duck flavors
- Sourced and made in the USA
- Customers have stated that there is an uneven balance of meat to the stew in this wet food
You can feed your Beagle the Instinct Grain-Free Stews Recipe on its own or add it on top of their dry food diet to be sure they are getting a well-balanced diet.
9. Royal Canin Adult
Royal Canin Adult
- Royal Canin Beagle Adult dry dog food is designed to meet the nutritional needs of purebred Beagles 12 months and older
- Exclusive kibble designed specifically to help Beagles chew and eat food slowly
- Contains an exclusive blend of fibers to help Beagles feel full
- Promotes weight control with appropriate calorie content to help maintain an ideal weight
- Supports bone and joint health with glucosamine and chondroitin to support athletic, sturdy builds
If you want to be super sure that your Beagle is eating a diet that will fully benefit them all-around, then you need to feed them Royal Canin Beagle Adult Dry Dog Food.
- Contains 25% of protein
- Ideal for Beagles who are a year an older
- Has a Beagle appropriate nutritional content
- Helps maintain a healthy weight
Royal Canin’s Beagle formula is designed exclusively for purebred Beagles over the age of one. Beagles are high energy little dogs that need a diet that will support them when they start moving about, which is what Royal Canin aims to offer.
It contains a blend of ingredients that will supply an appropriate calorie content that will keep your Beagle at an ideal weight. EPA and DHA are provided in generous amounts to help your Beagle develop strong bones and maintain maximum mobility in their joints. A hearty blend of fibers has also been mixed in to help your Beagle have better bowel movements and overall positive digestive health.
Some Beagles are known to be quick eaters, which can cause them to bloat. To help prevent your Beagle from bloating the kibbles are cross-shaped to slow them down and encourage them to chew.
- Available in 6 and 30 pound bag options
- Kibble sized explicitly shaped for a Beagle’s mouth
- Corn is the first ingredient used, which risks it being used only as a filler ingredient
- Uses chicken by-product meals
The Royal Canin Beagle Adult Dry Food is specially made to support the health inside and out of your purebred Beagle.
10. Wellness Core
- SAVORY TASTE YOUR DOG WILL LOVE: Shreds of tender high quality protein with nutrient rich veggies in broth add savory taste and texture to your dog’s bowl
- GREAT FOR DOGS WITH FOOD SENSITIVITIES: This simple recipe with no more than 4 ingredients contains no meat byproducts, wheat, corn, soy, artificial preservatives, colors, or flavors
- PROTEIN PACKED MIXER, TOPPER OR SNACK: Serve on top of your dog's food, mix it in, or serve as a savory snack to add variety to your dog's diet; it's a perfect complement to Wellness CORE dry dog food
- CONVENIENT AND EASY TO SERVE: A convenient, easy to open, ready to serve container makes mealtime quick and easy
- FIND THE RIGHT FOOD: Wellness offers a full range of foods to support your dog's specific needs, including grained and grain free options, high protein recipes and limited ingredient diets for dogs with food sensitivities
If you are feeding your Beagle a high-quality dry food but still want to provide them with extra protein, add some Wellness Core dog Food mixers & Toppers to their dry food.
- Offers at least 12% of protein
- Only uses up to five ingredients
- Grain-free and filler-free
It can be hard to find a high protein diet that does not go overboard with ingredients, but Wellness Core Toppers is the diamond in the ruff. These toppers use, at the max, five nutritious ingredients that you can see whenever you open up a new pouch. These ingredients are naturally raised and sourced to trap the highest amount of nutrients possible for your dog.
A whole animal protein is always the first ingredient used, never any meals or by-products. The vegetables are hearty and packed with nutrients to supplement your Beagle’s diet. With how many different flavors available, you will not be able to offer only one taste to your happy Beagle.
- Available in 2.8-ounce pouches
- Comes in three different flavors
- Meant only to be used as a topper as it does not provide enough nutritional content on its own
The Wellness Core Dog Food Mixers & Toppers are a great supplement diet that will provide your Beagle with a rich and high protein source.
You should have a better idea of the type of dog food that is considered a high quality Beagles food. Even though all of the dog foods we have suggested are some of the best for your dog do not just pick the food you see on the list; instead, see what flavors your dog prefers and go from there. If your dog is not particular about a specific taste, then you can go with any of the foods on the list!
We do suggest doing both a wet and dry food diet as it will help your dog eat their meals better with the meatier taste and it will give them an even higher protein source; Beagles need to have as much energy as possible to keep them active to protect their home after all so choosing the best dog food for beagles is important.
Best Dog Food For Beagles
Read through our review of the best dog food for beagles to help you choose which one to buy for your furbabies.
- Taste of the Wild
- Solid Gold
- Blue Buffalo Wilderness
- VICTOR Classic
- Dave'S Premium
- Purina Pro Plan
- Royal Canin Adult
- Wellness Core