When the hot days start to pick up, bugs begin to come out in abundance. Amongst the annoying bug swarms are fleas. Fleas are blood-sucking vermin that leave nasty bites that leave pets and people itching for days.
If pets aren’t protected from fleas, then they become an easy buffet, which then can lead to an infestation triggering itchy skin, illnesses, and in worst cases, death. By protecting your cat with the best flea collar, you can prevent any health issues from occurring.
Flea collars are specially made to repel fleas that jump onto your cat before they can even taste your cat’s blood. Some can last a few months without needing to be replaced, depending on the brand. If you want to try something different this year to keep fleas off of your cat, consider the following options.
Top-Rated Flea Collars for Cats
For cats who do not like topical flea treatment, the Seresto Collar is the way to go.
- Protects for eight months
- Easy to use
Veterinarians recommend Seresto collars due to its fast-acting nature. Seresto flea collars only need 48 hours after the initial application to repel and kill ticks, and 24 hours to repel and kill fleas.
The collar is easy to adjust and is odorless with no sticky oil residue. Your cat will have up to 8 months of protection that not even water or sun exposure can get in the way of.
- Available in a one or two count pack
- May not be super effective for outside cats
Protect your cats from unwanted fleas without causing an oily mess with the Seresto Collar.
Compared to the Dewel flea and tick collar, the Hartz UltraGuard is best for pest protection.
- Seven months of protection
- Breakaway snap
Hartz’s flea and tick collars have been formulated to prevent fleas and ticks for up to 7 months. Your cat shouldn’t be irritated by the collar.
In case your cat was to get the collar stuck, it has a breakaway snap similar to a breakaway collar. It is also water-resistant to withstand baths or the odd feline that loves taking a dip in water.
- Can be used on cats 12 weeks of age or older
- Is not as beneficial on outdoor or indoor/outdoor cats.
The Hartz UltraGuard has a fresh scent that pleases your nose and does not irritate your cat.
Protect your cat from dangerous bug pests with the Only Natural Pet EasyDefense Collar.
- Natural ingredients
- Comfortable materials
A unique blend of botanical oils creates a repellant that protects cats from fleas, ticks, and even mosquitos. Your cat will get up to four months of protection with no harsh chemical scents.
All the ingredients are non-toxic, with no synthetic insecticides used. Cats should feel no irritation from the essential oils used, and no oils should rub off on furniture or clothes. The collars are comfortable too since they are made of flexible Nylon.
- Veterinarian approved
- Scientifically tested
- Customers have stated that the collar is hard to adjust
- Does not last as long as it claims
The Only Natural Pet EasyDefense Collar uses pet-safe ingredients to prevent fleas from feasting on their blood.
Help your cat be flea free with the Sentry PurrScriptions Collar.
- Six months of protection
Sentry uses fast-acting ingredients that kill and repel fleas and ticks for up to six months. It repels mosquitos for up to one month. And, it has an insect growth regulator that will kill flea eggs and larvae for up to three months. You can adjust the collar to fit your cat’s unique size, so they feel comfortable.
- Effective alternative to topical flea treatments
- Some cats have been known to be irritated by the collar
Cats will benefit from the Sentry PurrScriptions Collar if they are too wiggly to have topical treatment put on them.
Herbs in the Dr. Mercola Flea Collar are the way to go if you want a natural repellant.
- Uses natural oils
- Four months of protection
Dr. Mercola’s collars do not use any harsh chemicals or toxins. Instead, it uses pet-safe essential oils. The essential oils used include geranium, wintergreen, and almond oils.
These oils work together to offer up to four months of protection from fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes. Both cats and kittens should be able to wear this flea collar with little to no irritation to the skin.
- Made in the USA
- Fits necks up to 12-inches around
- Is not a breakaway collar
- Has a strong odor
Combat fleas with a pet-safe, natural oil alternative like the Dr. Mercola Herbal Collar.
Annoying bug pests will no longer be bothering your cat thanks to the Zodiac Breakaway Collar.
- Seven months of protection
- Breakaway design
This collar has been designed to provide 7 months of continuous flea and tick protection. It’s water-resistant, so it can keep up with outdoor cats or the odd kitty that likes to get their toe beans wet.
Once the collar is placed on, it’ll work quickly to kill and repel fleas and ticks. Since cats can slip into small and tight spaces, the collar has been designed with a breakaway buckle like that of a cat collar.
- Made in the USA
- Has a strong odor that could be irritating to some cats
While the odor may be strong on the Zodiac Breakaway Collar, it means that the flea collar is doing its job in getting rid of pesky fleas.
TropiClean brings you another addition to their flea killing line with the TropiClean Collar.
- Uses natural flea repellants
- Full-body protection
- Four months of protection
TropiClean only uses natural flea killing ingredients. The ingredients include cedarwood and peppermint oils, which shouldn’t irritate your cat, only the fleas.
It provides a full-body repellant that is meant to last up to four months. The collar has been designed to be waterproof, and it has a breakaway safety feature should cats accidentally get the collar caught on something.
- Ideal for cats four months and older
- Collar seems to be difficult to put on and may not be as effective as claimed
Like with the other flea killing products in the line, TropiClean offers natural protection against pesky fleas.
Rolf Club 3D
- ✅3D PROTECTION FOR YOUR PET – Effective against fleas, larvae, ticks, and mosquitoes. This flea collar for cats was designed to be HELPFUL both for small-medium sized pets and large pets
- ✅8 MONTHS BEST PROTECTION – Some brands design flea and tick collars for cats that last only 1 or 2 months. We give you and your pet more – Cat flea and tick control for 6 MONTHS! Reliable and long-lasting flea and tick prevention for cats
- ✅QUICK EFFECT – Our pet flea collar kills fleas within the first 24–48 hours after the start of use. Its main aim is to provide your pet with proper flea tick treatment, and this flea tick collar does it well
- ✅SAFE FOR YOUR PET – Non-toxic tick repellent that treats with care. Our cat flea medicine kills and repels fleas and ticks quickly and leaves them no chance to survive! It has no harmful effects on cats or kittens! Moreover, it also doesn’t have any strange smell that may disturb you or your kids.
- ✅KNOCKDOWN EFFECT – A new formula from Germany has been specifically used in the best flea collar in order to help achieve the best results. Thanks to the safe substances used and innovative technology, your cat won’t experience any allergies or irritation
Stop fleas before they can take a bite out of your cat with the Rolf Club 3D Collar.
- High effective rate
- Eight months of protection
- Works quickly
Rolf Club has designed their collars with fast-acting ingredients that are safe to use around cats. When the collar is placed on, it only needs 24-48 hours to remove fleas and create a barrier against them effectively.
Once the initial fleas are removed, cats will have protection for up to eight months.
- Only uses non-toxic ingredients
- Customers have claimed the collar irritated their cat’s neck or wasn’t as strong a repellant
Fleas should be a thing of the past for you and your cat with the fast-acting flea killing power of the Rolf Club 3D Collar.
Cat flea collars are a great preventative option for your cat. They work best for cats that are indoors only due to the lower exposure rate. Cats that are outside wearing flea collars may not have as strong a defense against fleas, and a couple may sneak their way onto your cat’s body.
So, if your cat is indoors only, then they will have a better chance being protected against fleas that may have hitched a ride. These flea collar options should not irritate your cat’s sensitive skin as they protect against fleas.
You should be aware that the flea collar is not too tight on your cat when you put it on them so that they will be comfortable for the entirety that the collar needs to be worn. With that settled, your cat will not have to worry about itchy fleas feasting eagerly on their blood.
Visit the PetStruggles homepage for more detailed product reviews!
Flea Collars for Cats
Choosing the best flea collar for your cat is easy with our detailed reviews and ratings.
- Hartz UltraGuard
- Only Natural
- Sentry PurrScriptions
- Dr Mercola
- Rolf Club 3D