Pitbulls have taken on a reputation of being aggressive or only being able to be used as guard dogs, but that is unfair to what a Pitbull is.
These muscular pups are one of the sweetest and smartest breeds you can own. They have a desire to make their owners happy and will do anything in their paw powers to do so if you own a Pitbull as a loving companion, then you may have witnessed some sensitive skin issues.
To combat their sensitive skin, you need the best shampoo for Pitbulls. Pitbull allergies can be hard to deal with at times, but when you tackle them with the best shampoo for sensitive skin, then Pitbull skin issues should no longer be a problem.
Our list of shampoos are ideal for Pitbulls that are known for having sensitive skin issues, or to help calm down any flare-ups caused by allergies.
Top-Rated Shampoos For Pitbulls
Douxo Chlorhexidine will soothe near all skin irritations that your sensitive-skinned pitbull can have.
- Contains 3% Chlorhexidine
- Has high antiseptic properties
- Has long-lasting film
Some Pitbulls are prone to having skin irritations be it caused by allergies or from having sensitive skin, and it can be difficult to maintain if the skin irritations become severe.
If your Pitbull does have a severe skin condition, try treating them first with Douxo. The main active ingredient of this product is 3% Chlorhexidine, which has strong Antiseptic and antifungal abilities.
This product has a long-lasting film that is resistant to rinsing, so when your dog is done with their bath, they will still have the Chlorhexidine on their body to protect them from more skin irritations and to keep their skin hydrated.
So long as the skin condition reacts to the 3% Chlorhexidine, you should start to see results quickly in your Pitbull.
- Can be used to manage skin conditions that react to Chlorhexidine
- Lathers quickly
- Needs to be left on the dog 5-10 minutes to have a full healing effect
You will be amazed at how fast Douxo Chlorhexidine will alleviate your Pitbull’s skin irritations.
You can stop accidentally triggering an allergic reaction in your Pitbull from shampoos by using the Veterinary Formula.
- Hypoallergenic formula
- Ideal for allergies
This pet shampoo uses a gentle coconut base alongside natural ingredients to cleanse your pup. No harsh ingredients, dyes, fragrances, parabens, soaps, or colors have been added to the shampoo as they can further cause your dog skin irritations.
To soothe and condition your dog, Vitamin E lactic acid, and allantoin has been mixed into the shampoo. This product does not use any harmful ingredients that make it a mild tearless cleaner that will promote healthy skin and will not interfere with any active topical flea treatments.
You can be sure that this pet shampoo will not further irritate any skin irritations as it is pH balanced.
- pH balanced for ideal skin maintenance
- Effective and affordable
- Customers have stated that it has a strong chemical odor to it
The Veterinary Formula is ideal for sensitive skin that breaks out in hives easily.
Vet’s Best Hypo-Allergenic will help your pitbull’s skin heal and feel smooth again without needing a vet trip.
- Provides relief for sensitive skin
- Can be used as needed
Vet’s Best offers you and your dog a shampoo that is gentle, free of soap, and free of any other harmful chemicals that risks your dog having an allergic reaction or flare-up. The shampoo will relieve any itching, smooth, dry coats, and return moisture.
All of the ingredients used are natural, such as aloe vera and Vitamin E, to avoid any allergens or skin irritates. You do not have to limit how much you bathe your dog with this shampoo as it will not dry out your puppy’s skin or affect any active topical flea treatments.
The longer you can leave this product on your dog, the better the effect will be both in the short-term and long-term.
- Provides a complete treatment for sensitive skin issues
- Customers have stated that the product is watery
Maintaining your puppy’s sensitive skin does not have to be a pain when you have the Vet’s Best at hand.
Your Pitbull will benefit from being bathed with Fieldworks Supply Company Moosh Shampoo if they tend to suffer from skin issues.
- pH balanced
- 100% natural and organic
- Ideal for skin irritations
Moosh contains no sulfates, preservatives, chemicals, or dyes that can cause skin irritations or make any current skin irritations wore. All of the ingredients used are 100% natural and organic so that they benefit your dog’s skin and fur, not hurt them.
Moosh uses Neem and Argan oil that is naturally antiseptic, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and can restore moisture. Moosh is also one of the few dog shampoos that contain Bentonite Clay, which naturally binds with bacteria, fungus, toxins, and heavy metal to leaves your dog’s skin feeling smooth and their fur squeaky clean.
So that your dog smells fresh without being exposed to soaps or fragrances, Moosh uses essential oils that can also benefit your dog’s skin and fur.
- Can calm and soothe the majority of skin irritations
- Some customers have claimed that the shampoo dried out their dog’s skin more
Your Pitbull will have smooth and soft skin again thanks to the Fieldworks Supply Company Moosh.
Rocco & Roxie Calm Dog Shampoo soothes skin irritations with little to no stress for you and your dog.
- Gentle formula
- Has no harmful chemicals
- Comes with a 100% guarantee
Rocco & Roxie will never use dyes, drying alcohols, parabens, or sulfates that can dry your dog’s skin, make your dog’s fur feel rough, or affect their endocrine system.
Instead, Rocco & Roxie use natural and safe ingredients. Ingredients, like aloe vera, will smooth your dog’s skin and coat, and rosemary and chamomile work together to stimulate follicle growth and restore moisture to the skin.
Bath time will be easy for both you and your dog as it lathers quickly and rinses off with ease. Rocco & Roxie wants your dog to feel clean, itch-free, and content, so if you and your dog are not satisfied with the soap, you can get a full refund.
- Available in 16 and 32-ounce bottles
- Available in three different formulas
- Does not have as strong a scent as claimed
Bathe your dog with sensitive skin right by using the Rocco & Roxie Calm Dog Shampoo.
Strawfield Pets Benzoyl Peroxide Shampoo will help alleviate hot spots and other skin conditions before they get worse.
- Medicated pet shampoo
- Anti-itch shampoo
- Can treat different skin conditions
This dog shampoo contains 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide, which is antimicrobial, antibacterial, and antiseptic. It also contains 2% Sulfur that can help prevent flaky and dry skin and provides relief from itching.
There are no soaps or parabens added, which can disturb the natural pH and oils of your dog’s skin. As a broad spectrum anti-itch shampoo, Strawfield can provide relief from allergies, dermatitis, dandruff, hot spots, and other irritating skin issues.
No matter what the skin issue is, be it a rash, mites, hotspots, or yeast infections, your dog should reap the healing power of this dog shampoo.
- Made in the USA
- May need multiple uses before effects can be seen
Treat your dog’s skin irritations at home by using the Strawfield Pets Benzoyl Peroxide Shampoo.
If you are looking for an organic shampoo to bathe your delicate pitbull, then you need to use the 4-Legger Certified Organic Dog Shampoo.
- 100% Organic ingredients
- Holistic design
4-Legger is one of the few shampoos out there that is USDA Certified for being 100% natural and organic. The ingredients used are hypoallergenic and holistic for natural cleansing. You will not see any detergents, parabens, sulfates, artificial ingredients, or synthetic ingredients used as they will hurt your dog more than help them.
The natural oils and ingredients provide a gentle blend that will soothe skin irritations, relieve allergic reactions, and add moisture back into your dog’s skin without getting rid of any of your dog’s natural oils.
4-Legger is also cruelty-free, vegan, eco-friendly, and uses sustainable ingredients for a better cleaning experience.
- Made in the USA
- Lathers quickly
- Is a bit watery
- Has a strong scent to it
The 4-Legger Certified Organic Dog Shampoo will help relieve your pitbull from a variety of skin conditions with each bath that they take.
- BANISH DOGS ITCHY, SCRATCHY SKIN AND COAT – Soothe-N-Itch is the all natural solution that supports a healthy skin and coat in dogs. We use a unique combination of ingredients found in nature, like oatmeal, aloe, cucumber, and essential oils to soothe irritated skin, as well as reduce dandruff
- SOFTENS AND SHINES COAT WITHOUT THE BAD STUFF – Our shampoo for dogs is free of any and all sulfates, detergents, parabens, and chemicals. These are the things typically found in most conventional dog shampoos that strip the fur of it’s natural oils that keep the skin and coat hydrated
- DILUTES 16:1, SAVING YOU MONEY – A little bit of Soothe-N-Itch goes a long way! Soothe-N-Itch can be diluted to 16 parts water to one part shampoo, meaning your bottle lasts a long time and saves you money
- THE POWER IS IN COLLOIDAL OATMEAL – Oatmeal shampoos are common in the pet market, but there’s a dirty little secret you don’t know until you receive a conventional shampoo bottle: Most of them are made with oat extract and not actual oatmeal! Soothe-N-Itch uses real colloidal oatmeal, which is an amazing ingredient that attracts moisture to the skin and locks it in by forming a protective barrier.
- THE BEST GUARANTEE OUT THERE – We are so confident that once you try Soothe-N-Itch, you’ll never want to use any other shampoo on your dog, that we offer an “empty bottle guarantee.” If it’s not the best you’ve ever tried, just send us the bottle back for a full refund, even if it’s empty!
Paws-A-Bunch can help soothe your Pitbull’s skin, so they no longer are an itching mess.
- Softens and shines the coat
- Uses natural and organic ingredients
- Comes with a guarantee
This doggy shampoo uses natural ingredients, like colloidal oatmeal, aloe, cucumber, and essential oils to soothe your dog’s skin as well as to help remove any dandruff or flaky skin. Since this shampoo does not contain any sulfates, detergents, parabens, or chemicals, the shampoo should not strip your dog’s fur or eat away at their skin.
Instead, the natural ingredients will provide a deep cleansing experience that will keep your dog’s skin and fur hydrated. This shampoo is so concentrated you only need to use a little bit to get a strong lather going, thus saving you money.
But, if you are not happy with the shampoo, you can return the bottle, even if it is empty, for a full refund.
- Does not need to be left on your dog for some time before being rinsed off
- Can be diluted
- Depending on skin condition, could make itching worse
Paws-A-Bunch Smooth-N-Itch Natural Colloidal Oatmeal will become your go-to shampoo to help your pitbull to stop itching.
Arava Natural Medicated
- DEAD SEA MINERALS – Formulated with premium Dead Sea minerals, Arava Therapeutic shampoo is perfect for treating skin problems and irritations including hot spots, infections and inflammation. Contains 28 natural ingredients.
- DEEP, POWERFUL CLEANSE– The Arava Bio-Care formula is a pet-friendly formula that gently cleanse deep within your dog’s undercoat to enrich the follicles, making the fur more beautiful, shiny and without dandruff. Perfect for dogs with dry skin!
- REDUCES SKIN INFECTIONS – Designed to specifically treat dermatological conditions, this pet medicated shampoo helps HEAL hot spots, scrapes and abrasions, mange, ringworm, dandruff, seborrhea and keeps skin folds cleaner and healthier.
- NATURAL, ACTIVE INGREDIENTS – Arava Pet shampoo contains 28 active ingredients including potent anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti yeast botanical oils that help heal most of the skin bacteria and fungal that indoor and outdoor pets can pick up.
- LIGHT, FRESH SCENT – A silky, moisturizing formula that’s safe for dogs and puppies alike, it offers a much smoother comforting feel than other pet shampoos with the top performance of a powerful medicated shampoo. Your pet will have the quality of dead sea therapeutic shampoos, and you will enjoy washing it. Nice odor of essential oils makes it the best shampoo for stinky dogs. Order now and get a 30 DAYS MONEY BACK GUARANTEE.
Help your Pitbull feel better about their skin irritations by using the Arava Natural Medicated.
- Reduces skin infections
- Comes with a 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Some pet shampoos only focus on getting rid of the stinky dog smell without caring about what their ingredients may or may not trigger. Arava aims to only use natural ingredients in their pet shampoos to avoid triggering more skin irritations.
Arava uses 28 active and natural ingredients that are potent for being anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-yeast. The combination of ingredients should help heal hot spots, scrapes, abrasions, ringworm, dandruff, and much more.
The shampoo also gets deep down under your dog’s fur coat to clean and give your dog a lovely light scent. If you are not satisfied with the shampoo, take advantage of the 30-day Money-Back guarantee to get a full refund.
- Has a light, fresh scent that should not irritate
- Customers have claimed that their dog broke out in hives after they used this product
Soothing skin irritations will not be a problem for you or your beloved pitbull when you use the Arava Natural Medicated.
- ★ ELIMINATES YEAST, BACTERIA, FUNGUS, PYODERMA AND RINGWORM: Chlorhexidine and Ketoconazole Combine to Create a Super Effective Antifungal & Antibacterial Shampoo that Treats a Broad Spectrum of Skin Related Problems In Both Dogs & Cats
- ★ DEODORIZES & GENTLY CLEANSES SKIN: Our Veterinary Recommended Shampoo Will Eliminate the Smelly Musty Odor from Your Pets Skin Caused by Unwelcome Visitors (Yeast, Bacteria, and Fungus) While Leaving Behind a Pleasant and Refreshing Cucumber Melon Scent
- ★ VETERINARY STRENGTH FOR LESS MONEY: Compare Our Active Ingredients To Other Name Brands. Curaseb is the Same If Not Better Quality Than Other Leading Competitors. Why Pay More For a Name?
- ★ MADE IN THE USA: All Bexley Labs Products Are Proudly Made in the USA in a Federally Regulated & Inspected Laboratory to Ensure Quality and Safety. Our Pets Deserve the Best!
- ★ PAWS PROMISE: We Are So Confident in Your Satisfaction with Our Product That If You Don’t Absolutely Love the Results You Get, Return it for a Full Refund. Even if the Bottle is Empty. There is No Risk; You have Nothing to Lose.
Curaseb Antifungal targets skin conditions to help ease and soothe your Pitbull’s sensitive skin.
- Gently deodorizes and cleanses the skin
- Can control and eliminate skin issues
- Comes with a Paws Promise
Curaseb contains a mix of Chlorhexidine and Ketoconazole to target a wide spectrum of different skin conditions. This mix of ingredients has high antifungal and antibacterial properties that can eliminate yeast, bacteria, fungus, pyoderma, and ringworm.
The ingredients used are of veterinarian quality, so you know that you are bathing your dog with high-quality shampoos. The shampoo gets down deep under your dog’s fur to soothe their skin and eliminates skin conditions while getting rid of that stinky doggy smell leaving behind a pleasant cucumber and melon scent.
Curaseb is confident in the quality of their shampoo, but if you are not satisfied, you can return the shampoo for a full refund, even if the bottle is empty.
- Available in 8 and 16-ounce bottles
- Made in the USA
- Some dog owners claimed that the shampoo caused their dog’s skin to flare up
If you feel like your Pitbull is suffering from skin issues, you can try to bathe them with Curaseb Antifungal before making a vet trip.
$19.99 in stock
- ✅ RELIEVE ITCHY SKIN ONCE AND FOR ALL: Have you already tried everything under the sun to soothe your furry friend’s aching skin from excessive dryness, allergies and hot spots, but with not results? Not anymore! Boasting a powerful plant-based combination of healing ingredients like Tea-tree oil, Sunflower oil, Shea butter and Vitamins E and B5, this anti-itch dog shampoo will effectively relieve itchiness, bug bites and burns and keep your pup happy at all times!
- ✅ HEALTHY, SHINY COAT FOR THE K9: No more dull, dry fur or flaky skin! Help your dog get that luxurious, silky soft, great smelling coat that you just love to hug in 3 simple steps: 1. Dilute the concentrate with warm water (4:1 or 6:1 solution). 2. Gently massage your pet’s coat for 5 min. 3. Rinse off! PLUS, the natural scent keeps bugs and fleas away until the next bath. Free from grains, preservatives, artificial colors, soap,sulfates, artificial fragrances.
- ✅ 98.9% NATURAL, VET TRUSTED FOR EFFECTIVENESS AND SAFETY: When it comes to your precious four-legged pal, don’t settle for anything less than the best. Other shampoos for dogs use benzoyl peroxide and harmful chemicals. We don’t! Carefully formulated in the USA, this is 100% safe and gentle with your dog’s sensitive skin AND fur. Vets and groomers everywhere recommend our premium quality dogs shampoo. An excellent, healthy AND natural choice for your beloved puppy.
- ✅ CONCENTRATED FORMULA LASTS 4X MORE: Why spend money on a new bottle of dog shampoo every once in a while when you can have this highly potent formula that equals 2 x 16oz bottles? Each spa-like doggy grooming 8oz bottle promises to last for 4x more dog baths, offering the best value for your money! This is as pure as the organic love you have for your furry pal. A treat for your pooch AND your wallet. Now you can focus more on cozy snuggles or happy walks in the park.
- ✅ IMMEDIATE RESULTS OR YOUR MONEY BACK: Don’t be fooled by cheap, oatmeal dog shampoo or anti itch spray products that do nothing to soothe your dog’s itchy skin. Try our highly effective tea-tree formula today to check the impressive results yourself. It’s purely natural. No Alcohol. Paraben-Free. If you’re not 110% satisfied with our natural pet shampoo, feel free to keep the bottle and we’ll refund your purchase in full! Could it get any fairer? Woof!
Critter Concepts Dog Shampoo should help ease your dog’s skin conditions, so it no longer bothers them.
- Can help relieve a majority of skin conditions
- Can enhance coat quality
- Comes with a Money-Back Guarantee
Critter Concepts uses a strong, plant-based combination of ingredients, like tea-tree oil, sunflower oil, shea butter, and Vitamin E to provide a strong, anti-itch shampoo that can effectively relieve itchiness, bug bites, and a variety of other skin conditions.
The shampoo can also restore the shine and softness into your dog’s fur. 98.9% of the ingredients are natural, so you can be sure that there are no artificial colors, soaps, sulfates, or fragrances that can further irritate your dog’s skin.
You should start to see results quickly when you use this shampoo, but if you don’t, you can return the shampoo for a full refund.
- Highly concentrated for four times as long of use
- Some customers have claimed that the shampoo did nothing to help their dog’s skin conditions
By bathing your dog with Critter Concepts Dog Shampoo, you will be easing their stress and constant scratching.
$15.97 in stock
- SAY GOODBYE TO ITCHY, DRY, FLAKY SKIN – Our oatmeal shampoo for dogs with soothing aloe offers a soap-free and hypoallergenic solution with natural ingredients for soothing relief while rejuvenating the skin and providing vital nutrients and ingredients.
- ALOE AND OATMEAL FORMULA – Relieves dry, itchy skin while leaving the coat and fur clean, shiny and silky smooth. Oatmeal has a natural soothing agent and is great for hotspots and other skin conditions. Aloe is a powerhouse natural ingredient that brings soothing relief to dry, itchy, flaky skin.
- FRESH CLEAN SMELL OF RIPE MELON AND CUCUMBER – Our great smelling aloe and oatmeal shampoo is infused with invigorating cucumber essence and rejuvenating ripe melon extract that will leave your pet with a super soft, easy to brush coat, that smells wonderfully clean and fresh.
- VETERINARIAN APPROVED AND MADE IN THE USA – Safe for dogs, cats and horses of all ages! We manufacture all our pet care products right here in America to the highest standards for consistency and quality, affording you the peace of mind that your pet will feel the same soothing effects from every bottle.
- PET PLEASING GUARANTEE: If our oatmeal and aloe dog shampoo doesn’t bring your pet soothing relief from dry, itchy skin or leave their coat soft, shiny and smelling great, simply let us know and we’ll offer a full refund, no questions asked! Add a bottle of our oatmeal dog shampoo to your cart today; you’ll feel the gratitude right away!
NuLife Soothing Shampoo helps your dog feel like new again.
- Treats dry and flaky skin
- Comes with a Pet Pleasing Guarantee
Itchy skin will be no more thanks to this dog shampoo. Oatmeal and aloe come together to provide a shampoo that provides relief from itching, returns moisture to the skin, and provide vital nutrients to boost your dog’s overall outward health.
Oatmeal has a natural soothing agent that treats hotspots and other skin irritations while aloe soothes dry, flaky, and itchy skin. No harsh soaps or fragrances have been used, only natural ingredients that provide a fresh, clean smell so your dog will smell of melon and cucumber.
If you are not happy with the shampoo, you can return it for a full refund, no questions asked.
- Veterinarian approved
- Made in the USA
- Customers have stated that the shampoo left residue on their dog’s fur
Give your dog a luxurious bath that will heal their skin conditions by using the NuLife Soothing.
When it comes to picking a Pitbull shampoo, you want to be sure that it will benefit your dog’s skin overall, not just make them smell good. Pitbull skin allergies are not something to mess around with, so to make sure that your Pitbull does not have any random skin flare-ups, take care of their skin with the right shampoo.
Sometimes these shampoos will ask that you leave a lather in their fur for a few minutes, but that is to ensure any flare-ups are being soothed so that they no longer irritate your dog.
Many of these shampoos are also safe to be used multiple times without it drying out your dog’s skin or affecting any current flea treatment. Any of the suggested shampoos will work wonders in helping your dog’s skin heal and look like new.
You only need to invest time as results will take a few weeks to show themselves, but there will be results.
Best Shampoo For Pitbulls
We've reviewed the best shampoo for Pitbulls on the market today to help you choose the most suitable shampoo for your beloved pets.
- Douxo Chlorhexidine
- Veterinary Formula Clinical Care
- Vet's Best Hypo-Allergenic
- Rocco & Roxie
- Benzoyl Peroxide
- 4-Legger Organic
- Arava Natural Medicated
- Curaseb Chlorhexidine
- Critter Concepts