Poodles are some of the best dogs with friendly personalities hence suit any family setting. They are incredibly playful therefore end up all sweaty and dirty. Poodles have a moderately curly coat that gets dirty quickly. Additionally, the curls lodge dirt which can be hard to clean. On this note, poodles require extensive cleaning to ensure the effective removal of dirt deep in the curls.
The shampoo you choose needs to eliminate dirt without affecting the curl pattern of your poodle. The best shampoo for poodles should help you clean deep into the coat without stripping the natural oils. More to this, it needs to be safe for your dog’s skin. Poodles are at a high risk of contracting allergies and skin infections hence the need to select mild shampoos.
With the right shampoo, bath times can get easier and more effective. Below are some shampoos that can work well with your poodle.
12 Best Shampoos For Poodles
This shampoo is an essential product for poodles. It has a simple formulation that is safe for your dog.
- Shampoo and conditioner formula
- All-natural formula
- Natural herbs and oils
This shampoo has a conditioner infused in it to ensure it gives the best results after every bath. The Cloud Star cleans out dirt from the skin through to the coat leaving your poodle smelling fresh and clean. It is concentrated and penetrates through the curly hair to strip off any dirt or stuck food particles. The conditioner helps to moisturize the hair while detangling the hair when wet.
The product contains natural herbs and oils that help to soothe the skin and prevent any skin irritation. More to this, the lavender and mint mask off any body odor ensuring your dog has a sweet and fresh scent all day. The gentle all-natural formula makes this shampoo useful for puppies.
- Easy to apply
- Useful for daily grooming
- Works well for puppies
- Has a strong smell
It is recommended for the moisturizing effect it has on the skin. Additionally, it helps to clean bad odor leaving the dog smelling fresh all through.
The Moosh is an excellent choice for a sensitive poodle; thanks to the all-natural ingredients.
- PH balanced
- Natural and organic
- Ideal for dogs with skin allergies
- Shea butter and aloe
This shampoo is an ideal option for regular grooming routines. It is formulated with organic all-natural ingredients to ensure they are safe for your sensitive poodle. It does not contain sulfates or preservatives that can cause skin irritations and flakes. It works well for dogs that tend to itch. It is enriched with bentonite clay which has a natural healing ability.
This product binds with bacteria, fungus, and other disease-causing micro-organisms pulling them away from the dog’s skin. It penetrates through the curly hair of your poodle leaving it clean and detangled. This product is also enriched with neem and argan oil which has antiseptic properties. The shea butter and aloe soothe and moisturize the skin reducing flakes and dandruff.
- Lathers easily
- Easy to apply
- Soothes the skin
- Tends to dry the coat at first
This shampoo is recommended for the simple formula that works well for dogs with long curly hair.
- ADDRESS DRY, ITCHY, AND FLAKY SKIN – Collodial Oatmeal and Organic Aloe Vera help combat skin irritation, promote healing, and re-moisturize sensitive, dry skin
- BRILLIANTLY CLEAN & SOFT – This luxurious shampoo is soap free and pH-balanced to clean and deodorize safely and thoroughly, leaving your pet’s coat and skin plush and smelling better than ever before
- SAFETY FIRST – Our Oatmeal & Aloe Shampoo with Vanilla & Almond scent will not wash off topical flea applications and is safe for all animals over 6 weeks
- KNOW WHAT YOU’RE GETTING – What goes into our products is just as important as what doesn’t. This product contains no soap, gluten, DEA, parabens, synthetic dyes, sulfates, or phthalates, and is animal cruelty free, for a better bath every time!
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE – We are so sure you will love this product that we will refund your money if you are not satisfied for any reason. You have nothing to lose
If you are looking for the best shampoo, you might want to try this one from Earthbath.
- 100% natural
- Soap-free formula
- Oatmeal and aloe
It is formulated to help heal and restore dry, itchy skin. It consists of oatmeal and organic aloe extract which helps to clear skin irritation, promote healing and help to moisturize the skin. It is soap-free hence safe to use on dogs with sensitive skin. It has all-natural ingredients to suit use on puppies and sensitive dogs.
It is pH-balanced to ensure it has a mild formula for use on all dogs. It cleans and deodorizes safely leaving the dog’s coat shiny, moisturized and fresh. If you are using topical applications for parasites on your dog, this is the right product to use. It does not wash off any treatments on the skin and coat.
- Mild formulation
- Leaves hair shiny
- Couldn’t find any
The Earthbath is recommended for its effectiveness in cleaning and deodorizing the dog’s skin. It has a mild and fresh scent that makes it ideal for daily use.
- NATURAL CLEAN: 4 Legger organic dog shampoo is a true all natural dog shampoo handcrafted in small batches using plant based ingredients like organic coconut oil, organic lemongrass essential oil, and soothing aloe vera. Concentrated – a little dog shampoo for smelly dogs goes a long way to get rid of that wet dog smell!
- GENTLE ITCH RELIEF: The perfect itchy dog shampoo, 4-Legger dog shampoo for itchy skin is easy to lather and rinse with lemongrass to naturally moisturize and maintain a soft and shiny coat without artificial thickeners that add toxicity to your dog’s bath. Natural dog whitening shampoo to brighten whites and add shine to color without any synthetic ingredients. 4 Legger is safe for newborn pups, senior dogs, your cat, and humans!
- #1 CHOICE FOR HOLISTIC VETERINARIANS AND NATURAL GROOMERS: Since 2015, industry leaders have recognized 4legger dog shampoo as the most dependable dog shampoo sensitive skin, itchy skin, and dogs with dandruff. A true holistic dog shampoo for dogs using vegan ingredients made by the industry leader in clean ingredients! Detergent free. No petrochemicals.
- ONLY 2% OF DOG SHAMPOOS REALLY ARE CERTIFIED ORGANIC: Don’t fall for common marketing gimmicks used by pet grooming brands that trick you into buying the same harmful formulations while paying a premium for “organic dog shampoo”. We proudly display the ingredients in our coconut oil dog shampoo and are USDA certified to human food standards!
- TRUSTED BY PET PARENTS WHO CARE ABOUT INGREDIENTS: Sustainably sourced all natural ingredients. We’ve dedicated our lives to creating 4Legger shampoo to extend the precious time we have with our beloved pets by reducing environmental toxins in pet grooming products. All 4-legger shampoos are backed by our Wagging Tail Promise.
The 4Legger comes in a simple formulation that makes it ideal for poodles.
- Organic oils and essential oils
- Hypoallergenic formula
- Easy to lather
It contains organic and essential oils. It is handcrafted in small batches using all plant-based organic oils. This includes coconut, jojoba, and olive oils. These oils help to moisturize the skin of the dog leaving the coat shiny and clean. Additionally, it contains a blend of essential oils including lemongrass oil and aloe vera which help to prevent skin irritations while deodorizing the coat of your dog.
It is recommended by vets and groomers to moisturize and condition pets’ hair and skin. It works for different skin types hence ideal for dogs with dry, itchy skin. It is hypoallergenic and gentle on your pet’s hair hence a suitable choice for regular grooming.
It does not strip natural oils from the skin leaving the coat shiny and healthy. It is concentrated and does not have artificial thickeners that could harm your dog’s skin.
- Lathers easily
- Moisturizing formula
- Gentle on the skin
- Takes time to lather
This shampoo is recommended for its effectiveness in moisturizing the skin of your dog while eliminating dirt from the hair.
- A gentle, hypoallergenic, soap-free formula for routine cleansing and moisturizing of the skin and coat of dogs, cats and horses
- Multi-purpose grooming shampoo can be used after trips to the dog park, boarding and other activities or as a general cleansing shampoo to promote skin and coat health
- Essential fatty acids manage dry, flaky or sensitive skin
- Soap-free cleansing formulation – will not remove or strip away the skin’s natural, protective oils, which can then leave a pet’s coat dry and irritated
- Rich lathering formula with a pleasant coconut scent will leave your pet’s coat clean and refreshed
- Essential fatty acids
- Rich lathering formula
This shampoo is useful for daily use on your poodle. It works well for all coat lengths therefore ideal for use on different pets. It has a gentle, hypoallergenic formula that makes it suitable for dogs with sensitive skin and puppies. The shampoo moisturizes the skin and hair leaving your dog with a shiny, clean coat. You can use this product after trips, for regular grooming or after boarding.
The formula contains essential fatty acids that help to manage flaky, itchy skin. After using this product for a while, you will start to notice less dandruff and the dog will itch less. It is also soap-free to ensure it does not strip off natural oils from the skin and coat. The rich lathering formula has a pleasant coconut scent leaving the dog clean and refreshed.
- Sweet coconut scent
- Lathers easily
- Moisturizing formula
- Ideal for itchy skin
- Takes time to rinse out
This shampoo is recommended for the simple and gentle formula that works for all dog ages. It removes dirt effectively while moisturizing the skin and hair of your dog.
Burt’s Bees Natural
- SOOTHES AND SOFTENS — Burt’s Bees Oatmeal Shampoo cleans, soothes, softens, and conditions your dog’s dry skin and coat
- MADE WITH THE HIGHEST QUALITY INGREDIENTS — This gentle formula includes ingredients like colloidal oatmeal, honey, and beeswax for sensitive skin
- DIRECTIONS — Apply to dog’s wet coat. Work from head to tail and rinse, carefully avoiding eyes. As is typical with natural formulas, this shampoo will only have a light lather
- SUITABLE FOR ALL DOGS AND PUPPIES — This mild tearless shampoo is pH balanced especially for all dogs and puppies
- 100% SAFE — Veterinarian recommended formula, free of fragrances, sulfates, colorants, and harsh chemicals
This is the best shampoo that you can use daily to keep your dog clean and fresh.
- Oatmeal formula
- High-quality ingredients
- Suitable for all dogs
- 100% safe
This shampoo is one of the best for dogs of different ages. It is mild enough to use on dogs with sensitive skin. It comes in a formula that contains oatmeal which cleans, soothes, and softens the dog’s skin and fur. Additionally, it is designed to condition the coat which helps to clear tangles while removing dirt completely. If your dog has dry skin, you can use this shampoo to moisturize the skin and clear irritations.
It is made with high-quality ingredients to ensure it does the job as expected. It has colloidal oatmeal, honey, and beeswax which work well with sensitive skin. These rich ingredients moisturize and soothe the skin while maintaining the natural oils for a shiny coat. It is PH-balanced to ensure it is safe for dogs of all ages.
- All-natural formulation
- Safe for puppies
- Helps to clear skin irritations
- Can be tingly at first for dogs with dry skin
This shampoo is recommended for its high-quality ingredients and the effectiveness to moisturize the dog’s skin and coat.
Fresh ‘n Clean Lambert Kay
- Contains Aloe Vera and Extra Conditioners: For a shiny, manageable coat free of mats and tangles
- Vitamin E: Gently cleans and moisturizes dog’s hair
- Long-Lasting Scent: Clean floral fragrance clings to the hair for up to two weeks
- Doggie Odor-Control: Has long-lasting classic fresh scent
- Excellent Care Solution: PetAg delivers top-quality products for owners and animal professionals
You will love the fresh scent that this shampoo leaves on your dog’s coat.
- Long-lasting scent
- Helps to remove mats and tangles
- Antistatic agents
This shampoo is formulated to clean out any dirt that is lodged in the dog’s hair. It is light and lathers quickly to ensure all dirt is removed. The shampoo has active ingredients that break down tough patches of dirt on the skin and hair to ensure easy bath times. It has a sweet fragrance that leaves your dog smelling fresh.
One benefit you will love about this shampoo is the conditioning nature of the shampoo. It softens the coat making it more manageable when brushing. When washing the dog, the shampoo helps to clean tangles and mats for a smooth coat after each bath. More to this, it has antistatic agents that prevent the hair from tangling when scrubbing the dog’s coat.
- Works for all hair lengths
- Easy to apply
- Lathers easily
- Helps to remove tangles
- A lot is needed for dogs with lots of hair
The shampoo has shown to work well for poodles by cleaning the skin and coat. It has a signature scent that leaves your dog smelling fresh and clean all through.
- THE MOST EFFECTIVE NATURAL PET SHAMPOO FOR YOUR LOYAL COMPANION: Our Pet Wash Shampoo is a premium coat and skin treatment that comes directly to you and your pet without sacrificing vegan and organic principles or quality. Our delicate balance of essential oils forms the foundation of a veterinarian recommended coat care regimen.
- QUALITY SHAMPOO FOR YOUR DOG WITHOUT COMPROMISE: Your dog is a loving member of your family, does he or she not deserve the best when it comes to caring for their coat and skin. At Paws & Pals, we have developed a cleansing shampoo that not only respects the environment as well as nature but ensures that in doing so your pet has the best possible skin care and coat treatment available.
- NOURISHING FORMULA: Our shampoo includes oatmeal, which will help moisturize and soothe itchy skin. It may also help relieve symptoms of allergies, hot spots, dry skin, and will also clean, deodorize, and soften your pet’s coat. Our pet wash cleaner also contains all natural ingredients such as aloe & ingredients which occur organically such as pro-vitamin B5. They assist in hydrating, healing and protecting your pet’s coat and skin.
- TEAR-FREE SOAPLESS FORMULA TURNS BATHTIME INTO PLAYTIME: Our tear-free formula is the result of natural oils, vitamins, and extracts that do not irritate or inflame your dog’s eyes or nose, ensuring that bath time is a fun and playful experience for you both. (we cannot guarantee a splash, free experience.)
- MADE IN THE USA – Please note that sensitivities vary for each pet. Please monitor your dog for any adverse reactions caused by allergic or unexpected occurrences.
If you are searching for the best shampoo that is suited for dry, itchy skin, you can settle on this one from Paws & Pals.
- All-natural ingredients
- Nourishing formula
- Tear-free soapless
- Ideal for sensitive skin
The shampoo comes with high-quality natural ingredients to ensure it is safe for your poodle. It is a skin and coat treatment that does not compromise the health of your dog’s health. It has a balance of essential oils that have soothing properties to relieve itchy skin.
This cleansing shampoo has a natural formula that includes oatmeal. It helps to heal the skin and moisturizes to keep the skin nourished at all times. It can come in handy to relieve allergy symptoms, flaky skin, and hot spots. The shampoo has aloe that hydrates and protects the skin. It is tear-free and soap-free hence ideal for routine grooming.
- Helps to hydrate the skin
- Ideal for all dogs
- Gentle on the skin
- Takes time to lather
It is recommended for its effectiveness in clearing flakes and dandruff. Also, it has shown to work for dogs with itchy skin.
Pro Pet Works All Natural
- ✔️PRO PET WORKS PERFECT BLEND” Organic Aloe Vera Gel ✔️Organic Almond Oil ✔️Oatmeal ✔️Vitamins A, D, E & B12✔️Formulated for pets with allergies & sensitive, itchy, dry skin ✔️Helps eliminate wet dog smell ✔️DE-TANGLES & DESHEDS for easy brushing ✔️Safe for daily use ✔️Paraben, cruelty free, sulfate free, soap free ✔️No alcohol or animal by products ✔️Made in USA >>Our revolutionary pet wash was made for CATS & DOGS, providing relief from hot spots and itching.
- ✔️IS ALOE VERA GEL SAFE FOR DOGS & CATS? If you break an Aloe Vera leaf open you notice two things: the center clear/greenish goo (THIS IS WHAT THE GEL IS MADE FROM) and, around the edges, a white sap (this is the latex the plant produces). The gel is not toxic. Our Shampoo only uses Aloe Vera Gel which has 20 of the 22 amino acids that a pet needs that usually only comes from food they eat.
- ✔️FORMULATED FOR DOGS, CATS, FERRETS, RABBITS & GUINEA PIGS: No matter the breed you have, Golden Retriever, Siberian Husky, German Shepherd, Labrador, Dachshund, Pomeranian, Poodle, Chihuahua, Beagle; it works well for all dogs due to the formulation that preserves your pets natural oil production. Our formulation also has SHEDDING CONTROL. Continuous use will give your pet a long lasting, beautiful coat.
- ✔️WHY IS OUR FORMULATION SO SPECIAL COMPARED TO OTHER BRANDS? The biggest answer to this question is “INGREDIENTS” Nothing soothes like ALOE VERA GEL & ALMOND OIL. These are very effective to help relieve skin issues. Aloe Vera Gel is used to keep skin hydrated. Because the plant thrives in dry climates. To survive the harsh conditions, the plant’s leaf stores water and when combined with special plant compounds called complex carbohydrates, make it an effective moisturizer and pain reliever.
- ✔️ALLERGY RELIEF GROOMING BLEND” Because of our Formulation of Aloe Vera Gel, Almond Oil and Vitamins A,D E &B12 any pet can benefit from the moisturizing effects the shampoo has on the skin. Almond oil also supports skin hydration similar to Aloe Vera Gel. ALMOND OIL has natural Vitamin E , which keeps skin cells healthy, protects the skin from UV damage, and helps the skin repair itself quickly. The fatty acids help skin retain moisture and can heal chapped, irritated skin
This is one of the shampoos that vets recommend for dogs of all ages.
- For dogs with allergies
- Natural organic ingredients
- Enriched with Aloe
This dog shampoo works well for poodles; thanks to the all-natural ingredients. If your dog is super sensitive and tends to suffer from multiple allergies, this shampoo is the right choice. It is formulated using high-quality organic ingredients that are gentle on the dog’s skin. It is, therefore, an ideal choice for dogs with itchy, sensitive skin.
This shampoo has aloe and almond oil which are therapeutic and soothing on the dog’s skin. These ingredients produce a mild sweet scent that leaves the dog smelling fresh. If your active poodle has a stinky smell, this shampoo can help to mask it off. This soap-less formula makes bath time hassle-free. More to this, it softens the coat making it more manageable and tangle-free after baths.
- Helps to soften the coat
- Moistens the skin and coat
- Masks bad odors
- Can be too strong to use on puppies
This dog shampoo is recommended for dogs with sensitive skin. It has proven to help relieve skin irritation while moisturizing the skin and coat.
- NO MORE ITCHING: The natural shampoo that soothes the skin getting rid of itchy skin.
- SMELL GREAT: The shampoo that will leave your pet smelling so fresh and clean.
- SOOTHE SKIN INFECTIONS: Restore normal pH balance of the skin and soothe nasty infections.
- SAFE FOR ALL DOGS AND CATS: Young or old, our shampoo is non-toxic, gentle and safe.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Our shampoo will leave your dog’s tail wagging or your money back!
If your poodle is always itching, you can get this dog shampoo to help with the situation.
- Natural formula
- Great smell
- Safe for all dogs
- Soothing effect
The shampoo is designed to make bath times easy and manageable. If you have a playful poodle that needs a bath regularly, this is the right shampoo for grooming routines. It has a light formulation that ensures it penetrates under the coat to clean from the skin through the hair.
The formula has all-natural ingredients to ensure it is safe to use on dogs with sensitive skin. It has soothing properties that help to relieve itchy and sensitive skin hence ideal for dogs with dry skin. It has a high moisturizing power to keep the coat shiny and smooth. It has a balanced pH making it ideal for healing nasty infections.
- Helps to clear dandruff
- Lathers easily
- Softens the coat
- Clears bad odor
- Couldn’t find any
This dog shampoo is ideal for dogs with dry skin and tends to itch persistently. It is a soothing and cleansing shampoo that can work for a regular grooming routine.
- Keep Your Dog Fresh And Clean With The Delicious Sweet Pea Vanilla Scent! Get Rid Of The Wet Doggy Smell!
- Ph Balanced! The Best Shampoos Are Between 5.00-7.00 On The Ph Scale In Order To Keep The Vibrant Color, Shine And Health! The Shampoo Also Contains Essential Fatty Acids That Nourish And Aid In The Flaking And Scaling Of Skin! Natural Moisturizing Factors Promote The Hydration Of Your Dog’S Skin And Coat!
- Hypoallergenic Formula Is Safe For Use With Topical Flea Control Treatments. Healthy Breeds Deodorizing Shampoo Is Gentle And Soap-Free Leaving Your Dog’S Coat Silky And Lustrous!
- Buy With Confidence! Made In The Usa! All Shampoos Made In Federally Regulated Manufacturing Facilities! Excellent Customer Service And Return Policy. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!
- Healthy Breeds Offers An Assortment Of Dog Healthcare Products, Grooming Products And Treats For Over 200 Breeds! Make Sure To Search For Your Breed! Click The Healthy Breeds Hyperlink Above To See Our Amazon Storefront!
You can get this dog shampoo and use it to wash your poodles of a fresh, sweet scent.
- Sweet pea and vanilla scent
It is formulated to keep the dog fresh for long after baths. It has a sweet pea and vanilla scent that is mild making the shampoo useful for daily use. The shampoo is PH-balanced to ensure it is safe to use on your poodle. On this note, it is mild enough to use on dogs with sensitive skin and allergy-prone skin.
The shampoo is enriched with essential fatty acids that help to nourish the skin. Additionally, it helps to clear flakes and dandruff while hydrating the skin to prevent further flaking. This shampoo is hypoallergenic which is safe to use with topical flea control treatments.
One of the benefits your dog will get after using this shampoo is the lasting scent. It is designed as a deodorizing shampoo to mask odor for super active dogs. More to this, it leaves the coat smooth and shiny; thanks to the moisturizing ingredients.
- Leaves the coat soft and manageable
- Moisturizes the skin
- Leaves the coat shiny
- A considerable amount is needed to clean dogs with long hair
It is an ideal choice for someone that has dogs with sensitive skin. It can work well for dogs with dry skin; thanks to the hydrating and restoring properties.
- CLEANS, SOFTENS, CONDITIONS – Best puppy shampoo that cleans, softens, and conditions, leaving your puppy’s skin and coat silky, shiny, and soft. Floral-inspired Jasmine scent leaves your puppy smelling fresh and clean
- MADE IN THE USA – Made in the USA with the same classic ingredients as the original BioSilk line for humans
- EASY TO USE – Using warm water, wet coat Thoroughly. Apply shampoo from back of ears to tail, carefully avoiding eyes. Lather and gently massage deep into coat and skin. Rinse well
- 100% SAFE – No parabens or sulfates, and pH balanced for dogs, safe for use with topical flea and tick treatments
- FOR ALL DOGS – This formula is gentle enough for all dogs and puppies 8 weeks of age and older
If you are looking for an all-in-one shampoo for your poodle, this one is a great option.
- Easy to use
- For all dogs
- High-quality ingredients
- 100% safe
The shampoo is formulated to make bath times easier and more effective. It has high-quality ingredients that make it ideal for use on all dogs. The shampoo has a mild formulation to ensure it is safe for dogs of all ages. It can be an excellent choice for someone that has dogs with different coat lengths.
The shampoo works by cleaning, softening and conditioning the dog’s hair. This feature makes it suitable for use on poodles with long curly hair. It has a light consistency that ensures it penetrates through the hair deep into the coat to clean all the dirt out. In this process, it removes tangles and mats making it easy to manage your dog’s hair.
- Retains natural oils
- Enhances the coat’s shine
- Ideal for itchy skin
- Takes time to rinse out completely
This dog shampoo is recommended for use on poodles with long hair. It makes it easy to brush through the hair; thanks to its conditioning property.
Maintaining a healthy coat for your poodle takes time and effort. But, with the right grooming products and tools, you can hack the process in a short time. The coat of poodles tends to grow quickly hence the need to find a shampoo that will work with the long, curly hair. As much as trimming the hair is necessary every few weeks, keeping the dog’s coat clean daily is essential.
Since these dogs are super active and playful, they tend to get dirty regularly. The right shampoo for a poodle should have a high cleansing power without affecting the quality of the coat. By all means, it should enhance the appearance of the coat without stripping off natural oils.
Before you settle on an appropriate shampoo, it is essential to consider any skin conditions that your poodle could be having. Some shampoos affect topical treatments hence not suitable for pets under parasitic control and treatment. Others have strong formulas that can cause skin irritations.
When selecting one, you should get one with safe ingredients. You can check with your vet to ensure the dog is not allergic to specific ingredients. Also, you want to get a shampoo that lathers quickly and is simple to rinse out. Shampoos that condition the coat help with eliminating tangles and mats hence ideal for poodles. The above examples are ideal choices for poodles; hopefully, you find a favorite for your dog.
Best Shampoo For Poodles
If you aren't sure which shampoo to buy for your poodle, read through our reviews of today's best shampoo for poodles
- Cloud Star Buddy Wash
- 4Legger Organic
- Bayer HyLyt
- Burt's Bees Natural
- Fresh 'n Clean Lambert Kay
- Natural Oatmeal
- Pro Pet Works All Natural
- Particular Paws
- Healthy Breeds Deodorizing