Just like we can get dry skin, our furry companions can suffer from dry and irritated skin; we may not notice it due to their coats of fur. But when dogs start to scratch uncontrollably, have constant dandruff, or constantly licking at their paws, they may be suffering from dry skin. To help your dog with their dry skin issue then you need the best dog lotion for dry skin. You’re probably thinking “Wow! I didn’t know you can put lotion on dogs!” But it is true; dogs can wear lotion.
They do have to be specially made for dogs with natural ingredients, no added colors, or added fragrances that could irritate their skin further. If you have no idea where to start on this phenomenon of doggy lotion do not fret, we are here to help. Our list of dog-friendly creams is meant to help relieve your cat’s dry and irritated skin so that they no longer have to be licking at themselves to rehydrate their skin.
Best Dog Lotion for Dry Skin
For a topical lotion that offers fast-acting relief from dry skin issues use DERmagic Skin Rescue Lotion.
- Organic ingredients
- Made in the USA
- Treats a variety of skin issues
Organic aloe vera and vitamin E work together to provide rapid healing down to the deepest layer of your dog’s skin. Sulfur, while considered a harsh mineral, is also a healing mineral that reduces itching and flaking caused by dry skin.
Being both antibacterial and anti-fungal it can reduce dandruff, remove infections, and restore overall moisture. No harmful chemicals, artificial ingredients, or perfumes are used to avoid placing any harmful components on your dog’s skin.
All of the ingredients are sourced from the USA, so you know that quality is at the top of DERmagic’s concern when it comes to treating and healing your dog’s skin.
- Can remove skin infections
- Contains healing vitamins and minerals
- No perfumes or artificial ingredients
- Contains sulfur
DERmagic Skin Rescue Lotion will ensure that your dog’s skin heals and stays moisturized all day long.
To help hear your pup’s cracked nose and paws they will need the nurturing power of Fur Goodness Sake Paw Balm and Paw Soother.
- Heal dried and cracked paws
- Fast working relief
- Comes with a Happy Paws & Nose Guarantee
By using Abyssinian Oil, bamboo extract, and kale extract, that is lightweight. The water-based serum works instantly to heal wounds, reduce inflammation, and help your dog’s paws and nose retain moisture even if they are always outside.
Hydration occurs almost instantly and rapidly hydrates deep down in your dog’s skin. Fur Goodness Sake is so confident in the quality of their paw balm that it comes with a guarantee that they will provide you a full refund, no questions asked, if you do not like their paw balm.
- Powerful winter formula
- Water-based serum
- Reduces inflammation
- Has appealing taste dogs can lick off before the lotion has an effect
Fur Goodness Sake Paw Balm and Paw Soother have had full media exposure that shows how reliable and efficient the lotion is with helping dogs who suffer from chronic dry skin.
Organic Nose Balm for Dogs & Cats
- SOOTHE, MOISTURIZE & PROTECT DRY & ROUGH NOSES: A dried out, crusty nose is uncomfortable for your pet & dampens their most sensitive sense – smell! Fix it fast with our easy to use salve that delivers immediate soothing relief you can see & feel. Noses can become tender, raw, crusted & bleed due to wind, sun, dust, allergens, winter snow & salt, extreme hot & cold weather on walks. Our balm glides to relieve cracked, itchy, crusted, irritated & bleeding noses, restoring moisture & comfort.
- MADE WITH ORGANIC INGREDIENTS: Our balm is 100% USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC PRODUCT TO FOOD STANDARDS because pets love to lick things! You can rest easy knowing that our balm is ALL NATURAL & safe to be licked, our full ingredient list is ORGANIC SHEA BUTTER, JOJOBA OIL, BEESWAX, OLIVE OIL & CANDULA EXTRACT. No fillers or chemicals found in other brand’s cream, lotion & ointment, just natures best pure moisturizers that work fast restoring noses to healthy, dark shiny, moist & soft!
- NATURAL, NON TOXIC & HYPOALLERGENIC FORMULA: The purity of our ingredients makes it an excellent choice for pets with sensitive skin, allergies and/or conditions that require regular maintenance to combat scabbed, scaly, rough, scabby skin including nasal hyperkeratosis. Made from an all plant-based blend, it does NOT contain any harsh chemicals, parabens, sulfates, or synthetic, artificial dyes or fragrances & is alcohol free. It has a pleasant natural scent & does not leave a greasy residue.
- AWARD-WINNING QUALITY: Winner of the 2020 Family Choice Awards. A coveted consumer award program recognizing outstanding pet products while enriching the lives of our fur friends. We use premium grade CERTIFIED ORGANIC ingredients that offer safe professional quality for puppies, kittens, dogs & cats of all breeds & ages including young, mature, adult & old of all sizes including teacup, miniature, small, medium, large/big.
- OUR ETHICAL FAMILY COMMITMENT: Proudly made in the USA using socially responsible practices, locally sourced and sustainable ingredients, animal cruelty free production and eco-friendly recyclable packaging. We are a small family owned business of pet lovers committed to making great products that are safe for you, your pets and the planet!
Dogs with dry noses need a healing balm that will not only restore moisture to their noses but be safe for them to lick, like Bodhi Dog Organic Balm.
- Natural and non-toxic
- Made with organic ingredients
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Dried out, rough, and crusty noses are uncomfortable for dogs and can cause bleeding, irritation, and constant licking. Budhi’s balm relieves cracked, itchy, and irritated noses by restoring moisture and providing a soothing sensation.
Bodhi uses a combination of organic shea butter, jojoba oil, beeswax, olive oil, and calendula extract for a powerful yet safe lotion for your dog’s nose. Since the ingredients are 100%, USDA certified organic Budhi Balm is natural, non-toxic, and hypoallergenic so dogs of all sensitivity levels can use it to restore the health of their noses.
Bodhi has an ethical family commitment, so if you are not satisfied with the Bodhi Balm you can return it for a full, no questions asked refund.
- Certified organic
- Dogs can safely lick it
- Made in the USA
- Might need to be warmed up to be able to apply it easier
Your dog will no longer have to suffer from a dry and irritating nose thanks to the Bodhi Dog Organic Balm.
Natural Dog Company Skin Soother
- EFFECTIVE DOG SKIN SOOTHER BALM: Includes (1) 2oz Tin of Natural Dog Company Skin Soother Balm that is safe for all dogs and crafted to prevent and treat dog skin ailments and irritations quickly.
- TREATS WOUNDS & SKIN IRRITATIONS: Skin Soother balm is an anti-inflammatory dog skin irritation treatment – like a Neosporin for dogs! It is perfect for treating hot spots, cuts, rashes, burns, surgical wounds, mange, skin infections and more!
- SOOTHING & HEALING FORMULA: This vegan balm is formulated with ultra healing ingredients like Lavender, Chamomile, Frankincense, Cocoa Butter and Vitamin E which reduce itching, swelling and redness, and help heal wounds and reduce scarring.
- ALL NATURAL & ORGANIC INGREDIENTS: Skin Soother is plant based, and proudly handcrafted with no artificial preservatives or harmful ingredients. This balm is fragrance free, safe if ingested, and will leave your pup living its best life!
- EASY TO APPLY: Gently rub into affected area, applying generously 1-3 times per day. You can see noticeable results in as little as one week! Decrease application as the area improves.
Natural Dog Company Skin Soother is a natural antibiotic topical lotion that can heal all different types of skin issues in dogs.
- Made of natural and organic ingredients
- Soothes skin
- Treats skin injuries
- Can be used anywhere on the dog’s body
Dogs can suffer from dry skin on any part of their body, so they need a lotion that can cover them wherever they may need it. Natural Dog Company only uses natural and organic ingredients that provide strong healing and soothing power.
The healing herbs are naturally antibacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory to treat a plethora of skin issues. You can even use this lotion as a first-aid healing balm for wounds, burns, or other types of injuries.
You can apply this balm up to three times a day on the needed area to ensure your dog is getting the full effect of this skin soother.
- Essential for dog first aid kit
- Creates nourishing barrier
- Prevents bacterial infections
- May take a while to show any effect
Ease all types of skin problems your dog may be suffering from Natural Dog Company Skin Soother.
BotaniVet KeraSnout Organic Pet Balm
- Certified organic pet balm
- Soothes and protects dry and cracked noses (nasal hyperkeratosis) and paw pads or any dry skin.
- Veterinary dermatologist formulated with Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Shea Butter, Organic Beeswax, Organic Hemp Seed Oil, Vitamin E, Organic Rosemary Extract
- Safely and nautrally moisturizes and maintains normal skin health with non-toxic and organic ingredients
You can safely moisturize and maintain healthy skin on your dog with BotaniVet Organic Pet Balm.
- Organic ingredients
- Safe if licked
- Can be used on any patch of dry skin
BotaniVet is a certified, dog-friendly balm that soothes dry skin, cracked noses, and dry paw pads. BotaniVet uses coconut oil, shea butter, beeswax, hemp seed oil, vitamin E, and rosemary extract to create the naturally moisturizing healing balm.
No harmful chemicals or irritating odors are used in this palm, making it non-toxic and hypoallergenic. Veterinarians recommend this balm for dogs who need a safe, soothing lotion to help treat their dry skin issues or who need a dog pad moisturizer.
It is recommended to apply the balm to the infected area at least two times a day, or however, your veterinarian recommends. It may take a few days to see some changes, but the wait is well worth your dog’s skin health.
- Soothes dry skin
- Certified organic
- Non-toxic ingredients
- Needs a long time use to show the effectiveness
With some commitment, BotaniVet Organic Pet Balm will start to work its wonders in soothing and healing your dog’s dry skin.
Alpha Pet Zone Coconut Oil for Dogs
- ALL NATURAL SOOTHER, YET POWERFUL, MOST EFFECTIVE, BEST ANTI-ITCH SOLUTION for your pet’s sensitive coat; unlike some medicine alternatives, this is an ideal soothing aid for pets itching rash, cuts or those prone to itchy allergies or itching problems
- SHINY HEALTHY COAT, HAIR AND FUR, this anti shedding and hydrating moisturizing balm leaves a soft hydration that will nourish and has a tropical scent that smells zesty clean and fresh, so whether your dog has long or short fur they will look, smell and feel their best
- ORGANIC, RAW, VIRGIN AND VEGAN NOURISHMENT TO THE RESCUE, whether you apply this lotion on hot spots or rashes of a big dog or puppy or feed them this tasty mct immune brain vitamin superfood or supplement for cognitive support or healthy digestion, you’ll see amazing recovery and safe results compared to medicated products and ointment
- CANINE HYGIENE REMEDY RECOMMENDED BY VETS, not only helps with dandruff and reduces itching, irritations and scratching conditions; it is also a leave in conditioner and moisturizer cream which soothes, provides relief, treats and removes the need for dander remover spray
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED, trust and order from us today and relieve your pets, doggie, cat or other animal from any problem of flaky dryness, symptoms of itchiness on feet, belly and back, abrasions, hotspot, bad breath or infection
For an all-natural, effective healing skin solution you will need Coconut Oil for Dogs Skin Treatment.
- All natural ingredients
- Chemical free
- Satisfaction guarantee
Coconut Oil has amazing healing properties that can soothe dry skin, hydrate the skin, treat rashes and hot spots, and nourishing coats. Only organic, raw, virgin and vegan coconut oil is used in this skin treatment to ensure it can be used safely on dogs and that it is hypoallergenic.
No harmful chemicals are used, which can further irritate skin issues, and dogs can safely consume it if they lick it. You can use this treatment as much as your dog needs since it will not harm your dog in any way.
This treatment does come with a Satisfaction Guarantee where you can get a refund if you are not pleased with the product.
- Vet recommended
- Reduces skin irritations
- Promotes healthy skin and coat
- Some customers claimed it has a strong odor
Canine hygiene is essential for dogs, and that means taking care of their skin by using the healing power of Coconut Oil for Dogs Skin Treatment.
4-Legger Organic Healing Balm
- DRY SKIN HURTS. 4Legger to the rescue! Regular use of our USDA certified organic healing cream will provide year round protection from snow and ice in the winter to hot pavement in the summer weather to moisturize and soothe dry or chapped skin
- NO PETROCHEMICALS! Our 100% natural ointment will protect your dog by sealing in our natural moisturizer with vegan wax to nourish, protect, and soothe your dogs sensitive nose, snout elbow and paw pads without any toxic chemicals! 4Legger is a company that cares!
- WORRIED ABOUT YOUR DOG LICKING? No worries! Our salve is safe and non-toxic for year round fast and effective moisturizing relief of dry, itchy, bleeding, crusty, or cracked dog nose and snout – hyperkeratosis, folliculitis, hotspot, dermatitis and alopecia can all get natural relief
- 4-Legger USDA ORGANIC ALL NATURAL. Our healing paw wax is packed with moisturizing vitamins and emollients like hemp oil, shea butter, calendula, carnauba wax, St. John’s wort, and is unscented for use on your dog’s sensitive nose. No need for two products when you have one that works!
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE from a company that cares! Veterinarian recommended to apply dog paw balm as often as necessary to maintain moisturized skin if you are taking your dog mushing, walking or just staying at home! Made in USA.
Just like we get dry skins, dogs suffer from it as well. Luckily a lotion for dogs exists to help dogs with dry skin issues. One of the better dog lotions to use is 4-Legger Organic Healing Balm.
- Organic ingredients
- Can treat all types of skin issues
You want to avoid dog lotions with overwhelming scents as it can irritate their nose. 4-Legger’s balm is unscented and hypoallergenic so that dogs of all sensitivity levels can use it to treat and soothe their dry skin issues.
4-Legger uses organic beeswax which forms a strong barrier on your dog’s skin to protect them from the environment and to help retain moisture. They also use powerful healing herbs like calendula and natural moisturizers, like hemp oil, to moisturize, heal, and repair skin issues without further irritating your dog.
As a bonus, you can use this balm as sunscreen for your dog’s nose!
- Has an SPF 15
- Noticeable differences in a few days
- Can be used for daily moisturizing
- Can be used in all-weather types.
- Customers stated the jar size is too small
4-Legger Organic Healing Balm helps you make sure that your dog has healthy and vibrant skin no matter the conditions around them.
You may have heard of Burt’s Bees being used to treat chapped lips, but Burt’s Bees for Dogs Lotions is meant to treat dry skin on your dog.
- 100% dog-safe
- Soothes and softens skin
- Made with high-quality ingredients
Burt’s Bees created a pH balanced cream using ingredients all sourced from the USA. Ingredients are 97% natural free of parabens, phthalates, SLS, petroleum, and synthetic fragrances.
When applied regularly, this balm soothes skin, calms irritated skin, and hydrates skin into its natural state. It is best to use this balm on dogs and puppies during the winter as that is the time where flaky skin is most common.
- Suitable for all ages
- Can be used regularly
- Best used in cold weather
- Can irritate some dogs
Just how you put lip balm on your lips daily, you can apply Burt’s Bees for Dogs Lotion to your dog’s dry skin daily.
Unique Dog Protective Balm
- ✔ PROTECT and PREVENT YOUR DOG PAW get INJURED or CRACKED – Unique formulated with all natural ingredients for the most effective protection whether the terrain is hot, cold, rocky or salty.
- 100% NATURAL and MADE IN CANADA – UNIQUE healing blend of waxes and oils AVAILABLE ONLY at PASITIVE Dog Balm. Made by Biotech company and scientifically proven to work!
- DOGS LOVE TO LICK THEIR PAWS, SO KEEP THEM STRONG by using PASITIVE strong paws. This all-natural, wax-based formula will keep their feet strong as they explore in the grass, snow, forest, street, and even your living room.
- GIVE YOUR DOG a NOURISHING BOOT – this paw wax is ideal for protecting your dog’s pads in all terrains. Prevent your dog having dry, chapped, rough paws, peeling & cracked paws, extreme weather conditions, dading scars, or dry elbow. TRY PASITIVE Strong Paws NOW before it’s too late!
- 100% Made in Canada – 100% Natural – 100% Cruelty FREE. Scientifically Proven To Work. Don’t let your dog get injured, because pet’s doctors are high. Your dog will thank you this protective wax – TRY PASITIVE PAW BALM TODAY BEFORE IT’S SOLD OUT!
Prevent your dog’s paws from being injured further by using CHISOFT Paw Protective Balm regularly.
- Uses all-natural ingredients
- Effective in all weathers
- Provides a nourishing healthy skin boost
- 100% cruelty-free
CHISOFT used a unique blend of healing waxes and oils that have been proven through scientific testing by Biotech to protect your dog’s paw pads. The all-natural ingredients create a protective layer against hot, cold, rocky, or salty terrains that would otherwise harm your dog’s feet.
Your dog will have the freedom again to explore as they please without you worrying about them getting hurt along the way. Not only will your dog’s feet be protected, but they will also get a nourishing kick that hydrates paw pads and prevents them from being cracked yet again.
You will wonder why you have not been using CHISOFT to protect your dog’s paws in the first place.
- Made in Canada
- Scientifically proven to work
- Too small to dip large dog’s feet in it
Make sure that your dog’s paws are protected in all types of conditions by using CHISOFT Paw Protective Balm on them every day.
Natural is just better when it comes to healing your pup’s paws, and The Company of Animals Oatmeal Paw Butter understands that fully.
- All-natural and organic ingredients
- Non-irritating fragrances
- Made with USA quality ingredients
- Simple to use
The Company of Animals has formulated a pH balanced, human-grade paw butter that is free of petroleum and DEA, so it is safe for your dog to lick and consume.
A combination of shea butter, oatmeal, mango, vitamins E and F, jojoba, coconut oil, olive oil, and aloe vera provides a powerhouse of skin protection that will relive dry and cracked paws in as little as a few days.
While some dog lotions do not use fragrances, the fragrances used in this paw butter will not irritate your dog’s nose while also keeping your dog smelling fresher longer.
- pH balanced for dogs
- Heals cracked paws
- Can be used in all types of weather conditions
- Can dry out easily
Simply massage The Company of Animals Oatmeal Paw Butter into your fur-friends paws, and you should start to see an overwhelming difference in the condition of their paws.
PAWS & PUPS HEALING SILK
- Help your furry friends with our dog-endorsed blend that heals paws, noses, dry, injured, hot and raw spots. Protect paws before and after going outside and walking. Gentle, Effective, Natural, Holistic, Healing, Vegan. Softens & heals crusty skin, ears, noses, paws and injuries.
- Heals raw, over-scratched skin, paws damaged from snow, salt, and hot sidewalks, hot spots and other injuries. Silky smooth & super rich; oils of Tea Tree and Rosemary. Made from Earth’s Finest Ingredients: Organic Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Soy Wax
- Fixes torn paws fast! Antibacterial, stimulates cell regeneration. 100% natural! Does not burn and animals are tolerant of this blend of natural plant butters.
- Waterless! No waste, No mess, No spill. Very rich and concentrated. BIG 2 oz. size.
- Made from Raw Shea Butter and healing essential oils! NO yukky petrochemicals, parabens, alcohols, sterates or other mystery words.
Help your furry friend from having irritating and dry skin by using Paws & Pups Healing Silk.
- Made from raw shea butter
- Helps heal damaged skin
- Stimulates cell regeneration
When it comes to putting any type of product on your dog, you want to be sure it is made only of natural, dog-safe ingredients. You won’t have to worry about Paws & Pups as their healing silk lotion is made of human-grade shea butter, coconut oil, olive oil, and soy wax.
Their silk works fast to fix torn paws, stimulate cell regrowth, and protect paws. Rub it on your dog’s paws before a walk, so they are safe from all sorts of elemental conditions. The healing silk is gentle, effective, and will not harm or burn your pup. Use it as often as you need fear-free of irritating your dog’s skin further.
- Can dry out if not sealed properly
To ensure that your dog does not suffer long from dried out or cracked skin apply a generous coat of Paws & Pups Healing Silk.
For a soothing, non-greasy lotion that will ease skin discomfort that your dog may feel you will need NaturVet Skin Care Lotion.
- Made in the USA
- FDA audited
- Veterinarian formulated
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
NaturVet is formulated by veterinarians to help treat hot spots, dry skin issues, skin allergies, and even heal minor skin injuries.
For a more thorough experience, it is recommended to bathe your dog first as it will remove any dry skin flakes and soothe irritated skin. Once your dog is dry, apple NaturVet two or three times daily as needed to treat your dog’s dry skin.
As you start to see your dog’s skin improve, reduce the amount of NaturVet until your dog no longer needs the treatment. You will be happy once you see how much healthier your dog’s skin will become.
- Aids in hot spots and minor skin injuries
- Can be used on dogs as young as six weeks
- For external use only
- Intended to be used for a short amount of time.
- Better if used after bathing
Rub NaturVet Skin Care Lotion anywhere your dog is suffering from dry and irritated skin, and you should see a major improvement in their skin health.
What Causes Dry Skin?
If your dog has not suffered from dry skin before it can be difficult to pinpoint the trigger for the dry skin, these are the most common causes of dogs developing dry skin issues.
Bites from parasites like fleas, ticks, and mites can cause allergic reactions, skin soreness, and excessive scratching that can harm your dog’s skin if left untreated.
Dogs with seasonal or food allergies can have a flare-up in their skin that is not only an itching annoyance but can dry out the skin.
Dogs eating low-quality foods are not getting the essential nutrients that they need to ensure that they have smooth, non-flaking skin.
Dogs should only be bathed in dog-specific shampoos as our shampoos are too harsh for their skin and can cause irritations, flare-ups, and dry skin.
Changes in the season can cause dry skin in your dog due to sudden temperature changes. If your dog is going from the warm inside of the home to the cold outside, this can irritate the skin from not being properly animated to the temperature change.
Fungal and Bacterial Infections
These infections include hot spots, redness, crusting, hair loss, sores, and scabs. They cause dogs to constantly feel irritated and scratching at themselves for relief, which can damage the skin and cause it to dry up.
Breed Specific Tendencies
Many dog breeds, like Huskies, Chinese Crested, and other fast-growing large breed dogs, are prone to having dry skin issues. In this case, you will need to bathe the dog in skin-soothing specific shampoo and make sure they are not exposed to anything that can harm the skin.
Can I Put Lotion on My Dog?
Yes, it is safe to put dog-friendly lotion on your dog. You need to be sure that the lotion you wish to use is explicitly tailored for dogs as their skin varies from ours in sensitivity, texture, and pH level. Stick to organic as much as possible.
You should have a better idea of what is and what is not a dog skin moisturizer that can ease the pain of dry and flaky skin. You should also have a better understanding of what can cause dry skin on your dog in the first place. Dry skin issues are not a life-threatening situation if you take the proper steps in helping your dog out. The easiest step you can take is using a dog lotion that will soothe their skin and help rehydrate it.
Any of the dog safe lotions that we have suggested will work wonders on reviving your dog’s dry skin back into the smooth and soft texture that it is supposed to be. It may take a few days of constantly using the dog moisturizer you have chosen to use before you see any differences. Be patient and keep at it; your dog’s skin will be healthy once again in no time.
Best Dog Lotion For Dry Skin
These reviews of the best dog lotion for dry skin can help you choose the best and most effective skin care product for your dogs.
- Organic Nose Balm for Dogs & Cats
- Natural Dog Company Skin Soother
- BotaniVet KeraSnout Organic Pet Balm
- Alpha Pet Zone Coconut Oil for Dogs
- 4-Legger Organic Healing Balm
- DERMagic Skin Rescue Lotion
- Fur Goodness Sake Dog Balm
- Burt's Bees Dog Lotion
- Unique Dog Protective Balm
- Pet Oatmeal Paw Butter
- PAWS & PUPS HEALING SILK
- NaturVet Septiderm Lotion for Dogs and Cats